Chapter 15

'Fake'

I check my phone once I'm at home to see a bunch of Slap notifications. I guess 'dating' the scariest girl in school is going to be harder than I thought. I mean, why does anyone care? Maybe because her and Beck have been together for years and have finally broken up.

"So, you and Jade, huh? Is it still fake?" Trina asks as she walks down the hallway.
"Come in here." I huff as I drag her into my room. "It's still fake but I totally want it to be real. But, how do I tell her that without being rejected?" I grumble as I throw myself down onto my bed.
"Be certain she likes you back." She replies as she slumps down next to me.
"Wow, simple." I mumble. "I mean, I told Tori that I wouldn't get with Jade once she broke up with Beck but now technically I did get with her just fake." I add.
"Why does Tori care? She just wants Beck, but who can blame her?" She chuckles.
"I don't know. It's Tori's world and we're all living in it." I reply with a sigh.
"Good luck with this situation." She states before walking out.

My phone pings, a message from Jade: 'I'm coming over'. I sigh, hoping that she just wants to hang out and not grill me on why I'm lying to her, or what I'm lying to her about.

I open the door 30 minutes later where a soaking wet Jade is standing.
"Did you walk?" I ask, pulling her inside the house and closing the door.
"Well, I don't have a car and I don't have a boyfriend to drive me around anymore." She replies as I take her up to my room.
"You have me, I could've picked you up." I respond. I grab a few towels from the closet in the hallway before returning to my room and handing them to Jade, along with a change of clothes.
"You're not my real girlfriend." She replies to my earlier comment.
"Maybe not but I'm still your friend, and clearly your closest one since you're always here." I joke slightly. "I'll be downstairs making food, do you want any?" I ask as I head to the doorway.
"Could we order in? On me." She inquires.
"I'll go halves with you." I state.
"It's on me." She replies.
"Fine." I huff as I watch her walk past me and through to the bathroom.

We order Chinese takeout and watch a movie in my room whilst waiting for it. I manage to convince Jade to watch something other than The Scissoring.
"What did you mean earlier? When you said you weren't lying." Jade asks around an hour into the movie. Her eyes are focused on the screen when I look over to her.
"I meant that I wasn't lying." I state simply after I return my gaze to the movie. I feel Jade's eyes on me, her gaze burning deep so that it almost hurts.
"You think, truthfully, that I'm the most loveable person at school?" She asks, her attention remaining on me, though I don't dare to look at her.
"Yes, I do." I reply. I try my best to keep my focus on the TV but I'm drawn to her eyes. "Everything about you draws me in." I murmur, my volume so quiet that I'm not even sure she heard me over the TV. I feel myself leaning in and see Jade mirror my action. Our faces are mere inches apart, before I know it our noses are brushing against one another.
"Y/n! Did you order takeout?" Trina calls up, breaking me and Jade apart. Without saying another word I rushed out of the room and down the stairs, grabbing the takeout and cutlery before heading back into my room.
"Uh, chopsticks or a fork?" I ask.

The rest of the night isn't awkward, just quieter than it normally is. Neither of us speak about what was happening before Trina interrupted us, instead enjoying our meal and finishing watching 'She's the man'.

"Ready to admit 'The Scissoring' isn't the only good movie?" I ask once the credits roll.
"That was the most mediocre movie I think I've ever watched." Jade states as she begins to gather up the trash.
"You just have terrible taste in movies." I scoff sarcastically. "Are you staying the night?" I ask after a moment.
"Is that okay?" She replies as she throws the trash in the bin.
"Yeah, of course." I reply as I grab the cutlery and head downstairs.

"Is she staying the night?" Trina asks from the couch which causes me to jump.
"Uh, yeah. And- you kind of interrupted us earlier." I state.
"Interrupted you?" She asks, jumping up on the sofa so that she's facing me. She wiggles her eyebrows as I dump the cutlery in the sink.
"Yes." I huff as I head back up the stairs.
"What do you mean by that?" She calls up to me, though I don't reply to her.

"Okay, clothes." I hand Jade the clothes as I find myself some.
"Speaking of clothes, am I going to get my shirt back? Or any of my clothes?" She asks.
"Nope." I smile as I push her out of the room so we can change.

Consumed by covers, I lay my head down on my pillow and put my phone on charge whilst waiting for Jade. She takes about 5 more minutes than I do before she comes into bed next to me. I feel her arms wrap around me slightly, and my head falls onto her shoulder. I fall asleep quickly, happy to be sleeping on Jade, even if all of this is fake.

A/n: Okay, so I'm going back to college on monday which means I won't have a whole load of time for writing anymore.

My books are going to be updated once a week, this one on a Tuesday at 6:30 AM BST (I believe).

My apologies for the inconsistent upload schedule, I'll do better from now on (or try to)<3