Chapter 14

'Pathetic'

Once the weekend is over, I decide to wear Jade's shirt... to sell the fake dating thing, obviously. And that is the only reason.

I finally managed to decorate my locker and it looks exactly how I want it to be. The pages are slightly tinged yellow so they look worn which is my desired outcome.
"Lockers looking good." Jade compliments as she leans against the ones next to it. "So's the shirt." She smirks as she looks me up and down.
"It's comfy." I retort, defensively.
"Oh, I'm sure it is." She replies. "Ready to be my girlfriend?" She asks.
"I suppose so." I state with a slight sigh, disappointed that it's not real.
"Good." She smiles, taking my hand in hers.

"So you two are a thing now, huh?" Tori scoffs as she walks past us.
"Got a problem with that, Vega?" Jade asks, halting in the hallway.
"Yeah. Y/n, you wanna explain why?" She questions, turning towards me as she also stops.
"I don't know what you're talking about." I reply, dragging Jade away with me.

"What was she talking about?" Jade asks.
"Nothing, don't worry about it." I huff.
"Tell me." She orders, pushing me up against some lockers. One hand is beside my head and the other beside my waist.
"It's just that I told her I wouldn't get with you after you broke up with Beck." I state whilst avoiding eye contact, trying to move away before she pushes me back against them.
"Why would she think you would?" She asks.
"I don't know." I lie.
"Why have you been lying to me so much recently?" She questions, keeping me in place. For a moment there's vulnerability in her eyes, a shot of pain, even, but it disappears as soon as it appears.
"There's just some things I can't tell you yet." I sigh, somewhat telling the truth this time.
"When are you going to be ready to tell me? Because I can't deal with another person being like this right now, especially not you." She mutters.
"Uh, soon, maybe." I reply quickly and quietly, looking away from her gaze. I feel bad but I can't risk our friendship.
"Don't keep me waiting too long, otherwise I'll find someone less pathetic than you." She scoffs, walking to class and dragging me with her. That one hurt.

For the rest of the day, neither of us talk to each other. Though, she did hold my hand or have contact with my body in some way or other throughout the day, meaning people caught on to us 'dating'. It was on people's Slap pages and we were getting looks towards the end of the day.

"I don't like all this attention." I huff to Jade as we head to my locker.
"Too bad." She replies.
"You're such a caring girlfriend." I scoff.
"And you're such a truthful girlfriend." She retorts.
"Can you just drop it?" I groan.
"I don't like people lying to me." She replies, looking at her nails instead of me. I finish taking stuff out of my locker and begin to walk to the door with Jade walking closely behind me. I go to head out the door before she grabs me and takes me to her locker with her.
"You could've just told me to come with you." I huff.
"Don't tell me what to do." She replies.
"It was a suggestion." I state.
"Jade West and Y/n Vega. How long have you been together?" Some weird kid who looks a little like Robbie but blonde comes up and asks us. He's being followed around by some other geeky looking kid with a camera.
"Sinjin. Where do you find the audacity to talk to me?" Jade asks, slamming her locker shut.
"Y/n, what do you have to say about this situation? Jade West is the most unloveable girl at school, yet she's your girlfriend." He states.
"She's the most loveable person at this school." I comment quickly, dragging Jade by the hand with me to my car where I push her to the passenger side and climb into the drivers side.

"You didn't have to lie to Sinjin back there." Jade says, about 5 minutes into the journey.
"I wasn't lying." I state simply. I don't look towards Jade as we talk, instead keeping my focus on the road. I feel her gaze on me the whole of the drive home but I ignore it, instead focusing intently on the road.

I pull up to Jade's house and watch as she gets out of the house.
"So, be my date for the kick back?" She asks, leaning against the door and into the window.
"Aren't we 'dating'? Presumably I'd be your date." I reply
"I don't like to assume. Is that a yes or a no?" She asks.
"Uh, yeah." I reply.
"Good." She replies, walking up to her house, leaving me to drive off and head home.

A/n: Okay... sorry for the slower updates at the moment... I'm trying <3