Chapter 21

'Halloween Party'

"I'm throwing a Halloween party this Friday. Y'all are welcome to come." Andre announces towards the end of lunch. "Little red, bring your roomie and her friends." He tells Cat.
"Yay!" She chirps.
"Are we doing the whole dressing up thing?" Tori asks as we all begin to clear up our lunch.
"Of course. Not too scary but scary enough." He replies, heading down the hall. That's code for 'Don't pull a Cady from mean girls'.

"What were you thinking for your costume?" Jade asks as we sit in our Math class.
"That we should match." I reply. "Like a couples costume." I suggest. She turns to me with a raised brow, clearly not fond of the idea. "Come on, it would be amazing." I try to convince her. "Please." I smile, grabbing her hand and squeezing it.
"Fine, but I'm choosing who we are." She replies, giving in.
"Thank you!" I reply, kissing her cheek.

Trina rides home with Jade and I today, she's in the back which she argued against for around 5 minutes.
"Are you guys going to Andre's party?" She questions.
"God, don't tell me you're going." Jade sighs, bringing her hands up to her face.
"I am." Trina huffs in response. "I don't know why you hate me!" She whines.
"You used to be all over my boyfriend." She states, looking at Trina through the mirror.
"Ex boyfriend." I mumble, keeping my eyes on the road.
"Right, ex boyfriend." She adds.
"Well everyone knows he's a jerk now." Trina mumbles. "Anyway, do you guys have costume ideas?" She questions.
"We're doing a couples one, but it's up to Jade which one." I state, still happy I managed to get her to agree to it.
"Aww, you guys! That's so sweet." She swoons. "What are you choosing?" Trina asks.
"It's a secret." Jade replies with a smile.
"How have you already got an idea? It always takes me forever to think of costume ideas." I question.
"It's easy." She replies simply.
"I think I'm going to go as a devil." Trina states.
"Way too basic." I reply. "You should go as a character." I explain.
"Yeah, like Mina the elephant." Jade chuckles to herself, earning a look from me.
"Offended." Trina scoffs.
"Are you going home or back to mine?" I ask Jade, ignoring the current interaction.
"Home, I've got to get this costume ready, Andre snuck this up on us." She replies.

Friday rolls around quickly and Jade still hasn't told me the costume idea. I've been trying to get it out of her all week but she's not been letting up.
"Come on! The party is in a few hours, you can't keep it a secret for much longer!" I huff as we walk inside my house. It's been decorated up all in the spooky theme. She has the stuff in her bag but she hasn't let me look into it.
"I can and I will." She smiles, her hand dragging me upstairs. "Though, we should get ready soon." She states, checking the time.

"Okay, come on. We really need to get ready." I announce, getting up from where I'm resting my head on Jade's chest. Throughout the week we've been watching the Scream movies, now being on the third one.
"Fine." She sighs. She reaches into the bag and pulls out two costumes.
"Poison Ivy and Harley Quinn?" I ask, eyeing up the wigs.
"Bingo." She replies, handing me the Harley Quinn outfit.
"I love it." I smile, kissing her on the cheek before heading into the bathroom to get changed.

Once the both of us are changed, we take a bunch of pictures. Jade wasn't too happy about it at first, but eventually I convinced her to smile. The costumes turned out adorable.
"Where did you get them from?" I ask, referring to the costumes.
"I made them." She replies as I take another few photos.
"You're so talented." I state, kissing her gently, pulling back with a smile on my face.

"Trina, Tori, are you ready to go?" I call out. The four of us are taking a cab over to the party considering there's going to be alcohol. The two rush down the stairs, Tori dressed as a devil and Trina as Tiffany, Bride of Chucky. Of course Tori went for a basic choice.
"Aww." Trina lets out, taking in the costumes.
"That's so fitting." Tori replies. "I love it." She states.
"Thank you, you two look great." I smile, hugging both of my sisters.
"Cabs here." Jade says, opening the door.

We get to the party with music blaring. It doesn't look too overpacked just yet but it's still relatively early. The place is decorated with huge props, fake gravestones, police tape, cobwebs and many other things.
"The place looks amazing!" I yell over the music to Andre.
"Thank you! How'd you convince Jade to go matching?" He yells back in a similar volume.
"It was easy!" I chuckle.
"Drink?" He asks.
"Of course. One for Jade, too?" I ask.
"Coming right up!" He states, handing me two red solo cups.

I drag Jade by the hand around the house to admire all the decorating that Andre's done. There's somewhat of a haunted house area - it's just a bunch of motion sensor props in one area, some hidden but it's still cool. I follow Jade in, holding her hand. I'm not too good with jump scares.
"I still can't believe how easy you jump." Jade chuckles as I let out a gasp at a jumping out skeleton.
"I'm not that bad." I sulk.
"It's cute, don't worry." She smirks before I let out a rather large scream. A screaming old lady pokes out from a closet. Immediately I hold closer to Jade, hugging her from behind. If there's one thing I can't do, it's creepy old lady. Especially screaming ones. "See." She smirks, still seeing the funny side.
"Not funny." I mumble as we make it to the exit.

"You two are really selling the fake dating thing." Sam states, eyeing up Jade and I's costumes. She's dressed as Lara Croft.
"It's not so fake now." I let out with a smile, Jade's arm snaked around my waist.
"Who gave in first?" Carly asks. She's dressed as an angel.
"Y/n, obviously." Jade replies with a smug smirk.
"What do you mean 'obviously'?" I question, turning to her with furrowed eyebrows.
"You seem more likely to say your feelings." Sam assesses.
"Anyway, how's the show going?" I ask as we all take a seat on the couches.
"So good, we had one direction on it the other day." Carly gushes.
"I saw! You guys should be really proud of yourselves." I state.
"You two should totally come on some time." Freddie states, appearing from nowhere. He's dressed as a werewolf.
"And do what?" Jade asks, brows furrowed.
"Sing?" Carly suggests.
"It doesn't seem like the sort of thing I'd do." She mutters.
"Come on, it'll be fun." I say, trying to convince her.
"I'll think about it." She replies. Her hand is resting on my thigh, gently rubbing her thumb back and forth, now that we're sitting.

Jade and I are stuck at the hip most the night talking to different groups of people.
"I'm cutting you off." She chuckles, slipping the alcohol out of my hand.
"Why?" I whine, trying to snatch it back.
"You've had way too much." She states, leading me outside to a swinging chair. My head immediately falls onto her shoulder and my hand slips into hers.
"I love parties." I mumble. "You know! I can't wait for our date." I slur.
"Is that so?" She chuckles, rubbing her hand up and down my side in an attempt to warm me up since I'm not wearing a whole lot. More than Harley typically wears, but not a whole lot to keep me warm.
"Yeah! Where are you gonna take me?" I ask.
"I told you, it's a surprise." She replies. "Drink." She states, handing me a clear liquid. I quickly sip it, hoping that it's more alcohol but it's just water.
"You don't know!" I murmur, getting deja vu.
"Oh no, I have the best idea. Are you busy Sunday?" She questions.
"I have to wait till Sunday?" I whine, dragging out the end of 'Sunday'.
"Well, I doubt you'll be up for it tomorrow." She chuckles slightly.
"Pshh." I mutter."I think it's time to get you home." She states, grabbing her phone out of her pocket. It's 11:40, we've been here for around 4 hours now.
"Can you stay in my bed?" I mumble, giving in easily."Of course." She smiles, bringing the phone up to her ear to call the cab.

A/n: HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

I don't really do much for Halloween but I thought it would make a cute chapter. It's also a longer chapter so I hope you enjoyed!!