Nosey

4

"Do you need a ride home?" Chan asked, lifting his eyes from the floor and leaning on the broom.

Minho looked up with a raised eyebrow, looking down at the tips of his hands.

"Shit, I lost count." He rolled his eyes, leaving all the money on the counter to start again. That question had taken him by surprise, even more considering the way Chan had been quiet all day.

"Oh, sorry."

"Oh... No, thank you. Today is not so cold," Minho said but still gave Chan a thankful smile. He looked down at the money again and started over, this time with an annoyed pout.

Chan nodded slowly, throwing the dust and trash on the dustpan. Just then the door opened, making Chan look at it.

"Oh, sorry. We are closed already." He said, smiling at the person entering the shop. Even if the customer couldn't shop he could come by tomorrow, and so Chan wanted to be nice.

"Oh, no, don't worry. I'm here to pick up Minho."

Minho looked up again, his eyes landing on his well-known roommate's face. He raised his eyebrows again in surprise, standing up from his chair.

"Hyunjin. What are you doing here?" He asked, looking down at the money in his hands and an exasperated look on his face made Chan laugh.

"I lost count. Again..." Minho, annoyed as he could be, threw the money on the counter, sighing and running a hand through his hair.

"Oh, sorry. Keep on counting, I'll wait for you." He laughed, walking towards a chair and sitting down, taking out his phone.

"I don't want to count again." Minho pouted, picking up a coin and just staring at it.

"I can count, but I'll take my tips as well," Hyunjin commented, shrugging and immediately looking away when MInho's glare fell upon him.

"Shut up or I'll throw away that box of frozen pizzas you have in the fridge." He threatened, starting to count again.

"No, no, I'm sorry" Hyunjin apologized, starting to look at his phone while leaning on the chair.

"Are you Minho's friend?" Chan asked after some seconds, taking the dustpan to the trashcan and throwing the dust there.

"I'm his roommate, Hyunjin, nice to meet you." Hyunjin smiled at Chan, who returned the same smile.

"I'm Bang Chan, nice to meet you too."

Hyunjin's eyes went wide open and immediately rolled at Minho. As if he had spider senses, Minho lifted his eyes to meet Hyunjin's and shook his head.

Hyunjin wasn't stupid. After living with Minho for a long time he could identify when his dear roommate threw a death threat.

In silence, Hyunjin pretended to yawn and stretch and with a strange coordination Minho stood up, placing Chan's tips to the side and his other coworkers. He shoved his tips into his pocket and grabbed his backpack.

"Your tips are there, so the keys. Let's go Hyunjin." Minho sprinted towards the door and dragged his roommate with him by the arm. Hyunjin tripped when he got dragged by his friend but still waved goodbye to Chan.

Once they were outside Minho's eyes scanned the area until they found Hyunjin's car. He ran to the passenger side and Hyunjin without waiting for another second opened the car for them to get in.

"Why did you come?" Minho asked immediately, glaring at Hyunjin. Hyunjin shook in his place, a shiver running down his spine.

"I was curious! If you were crying over an ugly man I would have my reasons to hate you!" He admitted, putting on his seatbelt and pointing at Minho's. "Seatbelt, please. I want no dead people in this car."