A cold beauty

10

Depression era was over, or so he decided it that day.

A great day, amazing weather, amazing coffee and his cats had woken up with a weird urge to receive attention, and Minho was no one to deny that to his kittens.

A great, perfect day.

Nothing was going to stop him from that day on.

...

When Minho was in a good mood it was noticable.

When he walked into any place eyes were drawn to him, as if the moon itself had walked in; He thought about the moon because Minho had rather a cold beauty.

He didn't feel warm when the boy walked in, but charmed. His sharp kitten eyes, the most beautiful cupid bow, sharp cheekbones as well, everything about him screamed a freezing spell.

"Woah, Minho is in a good mood," Jeongin noticed, peeking through the kitchen door that stood behind the counter in amazement. "It's been a while since I've seen him like that."

Chan turned to the younger one, nodding with a smile.

"He's not often happy, isn't he?" He joked, receiving a laugh from Innie. "It's noticable when he doesn't feel like killing you."

"Exactly."

They both watched in silence how Minho's smile appeared when a new client went to order. Even the boy ordering had a wide smile on his face as his eyes checked Minho without shame.

"He even catches people. He's like a siren!" Jeongin gasped, making Chan turn around with a frown.

"A siren? I think he's more like a Mermaid."

Jeongin shook his head immediately, his eyes scared wide open.

"Oh, no. Mermaids are nice, Minho looks like he could ruin your life. You're the one that looks like a mermaid." A shiver went up Jeongin's arms so visible Chan wondered what Minho had done to gain that reputation.

"Hey, don't slack off!" Minho's shout woke the two guys up. His hand tossed a ticket that Jeongin immediately grabbed.

"An apple pie and two muffins." He ordered, the younger one running inside the kitchen.

Minho tossed Chan another ticket to which he started to work on.

He already knew that recipe so it wasn't a problem to follow it. Minho started working on another one at the same time.

In silence they both seemed to get along best. No words needed to communicate, just stares, sometimes not even stares were needed.

They knew how to work together, like muscle memory.

Once the drinks and the food were placed to get picked up Chan could allow himself to think a little.

A siren that could ruin his life, Jeongin had mentioned... So close to reality.

His beauty kidnapped hearts, which had happened to Chan years ago.