Chemistry

11

The sassy Minho Chan knew shun for a second.

It was a split second, the typical frase he had once mouthed ironically when Minho used to say it: "I know".

Of course he knew, Lee Minho always knew everything and he had gotten to prove it before. But even if he knew that Minho, seeing him again with a spark of confidence made him smile.

The boy couldn't hide his feelings even if he tried to, so Chan could notice the uncertainty, insecurity and anxiety the boy had been showing ever since he started working there.

He didn't know when the Minho he knew had disappeared or what happened to him and it sure hurt him. He remembered a shining, bright, warm and sharp Lee Minho that could get anything he wanted.

Now Minho looked like he was trying to guess his next steps to even survive the day.

He wanted to ask about it, but even if Minho didn't have the confidence, he kept the sharp tongue that could make Chan regret even being born.

And so he hadn't questioned him at all.

But now Minho seemed changed. The weirdest thing? It happened over night.

He wanted to ask too.

The new Minho had him extremely curious.

"Hey, make me a drink." Chan asked, batting his eyes gently as he tried to put on his best puppy eyes.

Minho, drinking from his own drink side eyed him, frowning.

"You're a barista, you can make your own drinks." Minho shrugged, his eyes drifting to the guy who had gifted him the drink. He had chosen to sit near the bar in a way that allowed him to watch Minho.

They crossed eyes and the guy waved his hand.

Chan turned his eyes to see what Minho was staring at, catching the guy sitting with a smile towards Minho.

"Are you going to give him a chance?" Chan asked, leaning on the counter. His heart seemed nervous as fingers couldn't seem to stop bothering the other.

It took his a second to say it, but Minho shook his head slowly.

"Why not? Are you not interested in dating?" His eyes turned back to the front where he catched a newly rain fall.

"I like someone already."

The affirmation took Chan out of the rails. He stood up properly and his body immediate turned in surprise to the boy and for Minho's laugh he could guess he had the face of an idiot.

"Really? Who?" He inquired, leaning closer with a playful smile.

If someone catched Minho's attention then that person must be the luckiest person out there. The boy didn't seem to find people interesting and it was even weirder for him to love someone.

Minho rolled his eyes, looking at the rain as well.

"Are you sixteen?" He asked, though his flashing red cheeks only made Chan even more curious.

"Come on! It's quite boring here, tell me something!"

Minho's eyes finally locked with Chan's.

His dark, melting eyes shut him up. For some good seconds Chan was incapable of saying anything or even lift a finger.