You're sorry? I'm sorry

7

Minho could spot a guilty soul the second he entered the same room as it.

He kept on eyeing Chan and almost always he would catch the boy with either with his eyes down or he would turn away the second he found Chan staring at him.

Weird feelings mixing for sure, fear being one of them.

Did he fuck up by any chance? Did he do anything wrong to catch Chan's stare like that? Was he doing something wrong in the moment?

He made sure to pretend to be so into his book games in order to not pay attention to Chan, though his mind kept running miles around every single thing he had done.

Maybe Chan had finally remembered he hated him, that he had every right to be mad at him and was finally showing it.

He wouldn't blame him for it.

He never intended to hurt him, but whatever his intentions were the damage was done and he could not ignore the consequences of his actions.

"Got stuck?" A voice over Minho's shoulder broke his bubble of thoughts and made him turn around in a jump.

There, Chan stood behind Minho with a line of a smile showing his dimples, but his eyes were focusing on the sudoku. Slowly, Chan's eyes went up until they met Minho's.

For a short second their eyes were locked on the others like magnets, but Minho took his eyes off first to his sudoku.

"Oh... Not really." He shrugged it off with an awkward laugh, looking around without finding a new client, so he allowed himself to relax a little.

Chan frowned and Minho knew he should've shut up.

"Is there something wrong then?" Chan asked and in less than a second Minho shook his head like crazy.

They both stared at each other for longer than Minho would've liked to. Chan trying to figure out what was wrong and Minho trying to escape his own thoughts.

Finally, Chan broke the silence.

"Hey..." He started but immediately Minho could tell the struggle on him saying what he wanted to say.

The little tone on the way Chan said it didn't calm down his nerves.

"What?" He asked, turning his body to Chan. Chan's eyes ran away through the shop but inevitably they fell back on Minho.

"Are you doing anything after work?"

His heart sunk three feet underground. What did Chan mean by that? Was he gonna ask him to accompany him somewhere? Should he be hopeful enough to think the boy would want to have a dinner together?

What for? Could they be friends again? Or would he speak his mind and call him out on his terrible behavior when they were younger?

What should he say?

"Why?" That came out instead. As always, his own body found a way to go against his own mind and act stronger than he actually was.

Chan shrugged, his nervous smile slipping through.

"Well... Maybe, well... I was thinking about something. More like I've been thinking about it for a while and..." His fingers started picking nervously his skin. Minho tilted his head a bit, just wishing it wasn't the bad possibility of him speaking his mind what Chan would say. "I... Well, I wanted to talk to you about something... Nothing bad, don't get me wrong!"

It was definitely something bad. He had learnt that Chan always made things softer so the people around him wouldn't suffer, but once you knew his tactics you could just know what he really meant.