Nostalgia

6

Once they closed the doors behind them Seungmin and Jeongin said goodbye, both of them walking on the same direction.

Minho stared at them, a warm feeling on his tummy making him let a sigh out. They were the same age, some months apart but Seungmin treated Jeongin like a pampered kid.

They were friends, close ones and before Chan had gotten there he would try to stay inside the shop a bit more so those two guys could walk away. He always felt lonely besides them.

They were good friends, neighbors and even at work they seemed to connect in a way Minho had never seen before; They tried to befriend Minho as well, but he couldn't help but feel like creep.

Those guys were younger and he was the adult in the job, he had to protect them and make sure those two boys had a safe environment to be comfortable with.

Now with Chan behind him, even though he couldn't call him a friend of his, he felt less lonely.

Now that they were breaking the ice again working didn't seem so awful.

"Need a ride?" Chan asked, moving his keys on his hand to catch Minho's attention.

Minho turned around, about to deny when he spotted that smile on Chan.

"Please, let me do you a favor and I'll beg until you accept", he could read all over his face. He wouldn't accept a no.

"I guess." He said, smiling softly when Chan's successful smile appeared on his face, like a kid convincing an adult of buying him a candy.

They both walked to the parking lot where Chan opened the passenger door for Minho. As always, the best gentleman.

Minho sat down and waited until Chan got to the other door, sitting down too and putting on his seatbelt.

"You can put music on if you'd like."

No hesitation this time.

Minho quickly put some music on, some goth songs Hyunjin had showed him a while ago. He moved his head along with the rhythm of the song, listening to the lyrics.

"Woah, gothic music. Did you become a gothic?" Chan asked, his fingers on the wheel tapping with the beats of the song.

Minho laughed softly, shaking his head.

"No, but my roommate kind of is. He showed me these songs." He said, and now that he actually listened to the music he realized the song was better than he remembered it to be. It always happened: when he saved songs in playlists he didn't really listen to them until he enjoyed them in a car ride.

Chan nodded, a sudden silence dropping on the car for a few moments that made Minho wonder if he had said anything inappropriate.

"How did you guys became roommates?" Chan asked, stopping at a red light.

Minho didn't think much about it.

"When I got into college I met him. We were on the same career though he later changed it. As poor students we decided to share apartment and here we are even a year later." Minho shrugged, remembering how different everything was compared to back then.

"What career did you chose?" Chan asked, nodding to the new song that came.

"I tried medicine. Pediatric physical physiotherapy. " Minho's answer surely took Chan by surprise. " But I quit."

Minho kept on looking at his hands, now playing with his fingers distractedly and complelty forgetting about the song.

"Why? You didn't like it?" Chan asked, worrying covering his entire face and Minho could feel his crispy nervousness as static in the air.