Plotting against Minho

9

The universe was plotting against him.

A fucking job meeting after the shift to get a better relationship with his co-workers? In a restaurant? That had to be a bad joke.

Worst of it? He couldn't deny it now that his friends knew of Hyunjin. The excuse of his cats starving to death, from love and from loneliness at home wouldn't work because Chan had told them Hyunjin was his roommate when the boys asked him when Minho left last night with the mysterious boy.

Plus, the manager after seeing his absolutely shitty face when it was announced had promised him to pay for his dinner. He might be broke, but he wasn't stupid; A free dinner was more than welcomed in that economy.

Now, sitting down in the same table as Bang Chan, his nerves were spiking to the roof.

Everyone kept on talking, making jokes and asking questions, usually to Chan since he was the new one they expected to get along with in that meeting.

Chan asked everything carefully and in no time they were already bonding as if they had met a long time ago.

"So, how did you guys meet?" The manager asked, putting her hands together with a smile on.

Immediately, Chan and Minho crossed eyes in alarm.

"High school. We were friends." Chan answered, his eyes rolling to his drink. He nodded to the comments everyone made and kept his answers short and simple.

Minho wanted to slap his face so badly... How bad was that guy at lying!?

"It must be so cool getting to work with an old friend!" Jeongin added, nodding and falling on Minho excitedly as if he were expecting amazing stories of how they both had ran away from class together or made mischief around school.

Of course they did, but Minho wasn't telling any of that. Instead he smiled deeply to the younger.

"It's amazing. So warm." He replied and was so glad Chan's rolling eyes catched the arrow.

"Why did you guys stop talking to the other? That's so sad!" The manager Chaeryeong asked, pouting.

"We just went to different college." Chan shrugged, his eyes rolling back down to his drink.

"We got busy. Really busy, you know how college is." Minho added, nodding and taking a peek at his phone.

Barely an hour had passed. One hour of pure suffering that felt like five hours.

"Are you guys getting along now?" She asked, smiling kindly at both guys. "How are you getting along with your coworkers, Chan?"

Chan nodded, and it was only Minho who could know he was avoiding the first question. "Yeah, they're all really nice and kind. They've been teaching me everything I need."

Chaeryeong nodded, patting Minho's back gently.

"I'm so proud of you. You look scary but you help a lot, don't you?" She said, laughing softly and picking up her drink. "Thank you."

Minho smiled at her, nodding and a bit of guilt was injected into his stomach. Surely he tried to help Chan as much as he could as the older employee there, but he wasn't making his work environment any easier. The poor guy must be having the worst time of his life there.

"Do you have any siblings Chan?" Jeongin asked, making Minho stop his thinking.

"Yeah, I have two. Hannah and Lucas." Chan admitted, gaining gasps from all the gable, including Minho. He didn't know about the last one.