A watcher's view of love

24

How unfair of life to give him love
where he could not
find a lover.

Or so he thought, as he watched how the person he longed to give his life for ate the warm, homemade food he had made with a happy yet tired smile at night.

Hyunjin had been kind enough not to pop his head out of his bedroom, but he knew that Hyunjin was probably shaking his head behind that door.

"This is so yummy!" Chan said in between their silence, nodding his head and with that usual frown on his face that for someone else could mean disgust, but he knew that was the way in which Chan said that a food was rocking it.

"Glad you like it," Minho mumbled, finishing his food and leaning on the chair, resting his head and just appreciating that human being.

Such a gorgeous human being, he thought.

...

Being taken care of was such an awkward feeling for Bang Chan, more when he was the one that always wanted to provide and when he wanted the people he loved to feel taken care of.

If they had a problem, they could talk to him, and if they felt down, Chan would be there to lift them up.

Even so, there were a few people around him that had that natural, caretaker vibe.

Minho was one of them, and he could not be grateful enough for the warm, homemade food such late at night even when they had to work next day.

"This is so yummy!" He said, nodding and feeling all the amazing flavors Minho was able to bring into one plate.

"Glad you like it," Minho mumbled, barely audible but he was used to those mumbles already.

On one of his legs, he felt one of those adorable balls of fur pass by, followed by a meow.

He looked to the side to find a cat looking up at him and ready to jump on the table, so quickly he moved his plates away so the cat could jump safely.

"Hey, don't-" Minho tried to stop it, but Chan nodded that it was okay.

Now in front of him he had a fluffy cat staring at him, smelling his food and then sitting down, still staring.

Chan looked down at his plate, finding a piece of chicken and with his finger took away any trace of spices he found.

"It's gonna taste funny, my guy." Chan warned before lending it to the cat, who gladly took it after smelling.

"I'm sorry, they're used to jump on the table whenever they want," Minho said, taking one of his hands to his own hair and sighing. "People don't usually come over here, so..."

Chan nodded, cleaning another piece of chicken and giving it to the cat.

"It's okay. They're adorable," Chan said, petting Doorie. "It's nice to know that they're used to love"

Minho's cheeks blushed just a bit, now watching his cat and his (hopefully) something interact.

A bit passed before Minho found himself in the kitchen, Chan washing the dishes and him putting things on place.