Soft like ocean waves

23

As his eyes were closing, a gentle pat on his head made them open again, finding the softest look on him.

"You haven't slept at all, have you?" Chan's whisper allowed him to deny and close his eyes again.

His arms were closed in front of his chest, his entire body leaning on the fridge as he tried his best to keep standing up.

He had been sleepless for almost two days now as he waited for Soonie to recover, taking care of him and making sure no wounds moved place or that no food was being thrown up.

As his cat had been alone in a room so no other cat would try to play with him and make him wound up again, he had been there for him making sure Soonie didn't feel lonely at all.

It was an easy task, but his anxiety kept on sending horrible thoughts on what might happen if he closed his eyes one second, leading him to not rest at all.

Another worry had been burying him alive: the possibility of any late symptom on any of his other cats, which luckily hadn't happened yet.

Thankfully, when he was at work he had Hyunjin to take care of his babies, but even so the anxiety of something happening to them was still a poking needle on his stomach.

So now, as he returned to work, he realized how bad he just wanted to close his eyes for a second and if possible, to make his brain rest.

"Go to the back and sleep a little," Chan said, mixing his fingers with Minho's hair.

He wanted to cry with such warmness; Before he knew it, he was already leaning on the touch, longing for it and he couldn't care less in the moment.

Chan would be too dumb to not realize how much he missed his touch.

"I'm at work, can't do that." Minho lamented, sighing. With all the pain of his heart. "I'll do it later"

Chan shook his head, and even with his eyes closed Minho could see the expression on the guy's face.

"Do it, the manager isn't here. No one is going to snitch on you," Chan spoke again, this time a bit more firmly than before. "I'll wake you up if I need any help, so go. At least twenty minutes."

This time Minho looked at him and then at the shop, realizing the day was really slow.

Not many clients, and the ones that had been there were ordering really basic things.

Maybe twenty minutes wouldn't harm anyone.

...

When his eyes opened again his entire body jumped up when the window showed complete darkness.

He stood up, his entire face sweating and ready to have a heart attack when he realized he had soft clothing on top of him.

He stood up, turned on the light of the room and his heart dropped when he realized Bang Chan's sweater was on top of him, making its function as a cover.

He looked to where he had been lying down and found Chan's backpack serving as a pillow.

Sadly, he didn't have the time to melt over Chan's care.

What time was it even? Did they close the store already?

He looked for his phone where he had left it before going to sleep right besides him on the floor, but it wasn't there.