1!

[𝑨𝒏𝒅 𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝒏𝒐𝒃𝒐𝒅𝒚 𝒘𝒂𝒌𝒆𝒔 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒖𝒑 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒏𝒐 𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒘𝒂𝒊𝒕𝒔 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒂𝒕 𝒏𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 & 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒄𝒂𝒏 𝒅𝒐 𝒘𝒉𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒕. 𝑾𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒅𝒐 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒄𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕? 𝑭𝒓𝒆𝒆𝒅𝒐𝒎? 𝑶𝒓 𝒍𝒐𝒏𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒆𝒔𝒔?]

~~~~

Loneliness.

A word I've been so accustomed to. Too familiar with. I would literally be in a room filled with familiar faces and I'd still be lonely.

By now I know I am not alone. I am just lonely.

Why am I so lonely?

I'm not sure anymore.

When shit starts to hit you one after the other, you tend to forget when it all began.

It becomes hard to place finger on the exact one that started the cycle of pain.

I pick up the last item on my grocery list and head towards the counter pulling my trolley and luckily for me, I'm the next on the line. There's no queue.

I tug on the sleeves of the sweater grandma had knitted one time she tried to imitate the foreign man's ways, as she called it.

The one that was common on Hollywood movies where grandmas would sit on their favorite rocking chair or armchair knitting clothes out of wool for their grandchildren.

"Sorry ma'am your card?" The lady behind the counter alerted me and I nodded, bringing out my card from the back pocket of my washed blue jeans.

After packaging my groceries, I took the big bag and headed for the exit of the mall. The hot scorching sun hit me hard immediately I got outside. It was so different from the cool temperature of the mall.

"Why the fuck did I put on a woolen sweater again?" I cussed as I glanced at myself. My only consolation was my Lexus LC that was parked a little metres away from where I stood.

I made my way towards the car and after fumbling with my keys, I finally got in.

Clumsy.

As usual, the ride was eerily silent. That's how I've always loved it. Just me and my thoughts.

The ride to my 2-bedroom apartment was a fifteen minutes journey. I got down from the car after taking in two sharp breaths. I glanced at the large apartment complex.

It contained many apartments in this building and no one really knew anyone in this place.

Or maybe I don't really know anyone in this place. I don't speak to anyone and no one speaks to me.

It's like a silent agreement I've signed with the world.

I grabbed my shopping bags out of the car and headed into the building. I took an elevator which is the most reasonable thing to do considering I live on the fifth floor.

I don't really know how many tenants reside here or how many apartments are here but all I know is that it is a really expensive place and it is of high demand.