12!

[You cannot see a reflection in boiling water]

~~~~

AYOOLA:

I'm taking my girlfriend out on a lazy date. I'll be by your door ten minutes from now.

I smiled at the text before going into my closet to search for something chill. Rain had fallen all through the night till this morning and everywhere was cold. I even had to turn up my heater which I never use.

I decided to wear my extremely big blue hoodie I had taken from Ayoola last week and a pair of sweatpants. I wore my slides on my socked feet.

At exactly ten minutes, I heard a knock on my door. I wore my cologne and of course dabbed my lipgloss on. I rushed to get the door.

Ayoola was standing before me in a black hoodie and a pair of sweatpants too.

"We're matching." I told her blushing.

"And you're in my hoodie. How did you get that?" I giggled and let him come in.

"You ready?" He asked before snaking his arm around my waist and dropping his lips on mine. He kissed me so passionately like it was his new religion.

I took my hands to the nape of his neck pulling him down to my level as I stood on my tiptoe. Ayoola was one person that made me feel short.

His lips left mine to my neck and there he performed his magic. It was getting a little too heated so I pulled out.

"Thought we were going out."

"Well, this weather makes me want to be cuddled up in bed with you making out." He said and I giggled.

"Let's go." I pulled him out of my apartment and we took the elevator down where we got into his car.

He took an unfamiliar route and played really nice Afrobeat. It was amazing as we both sang at the top of our lungs.

"You look amazing today." He said making me blush. I tucked a strand of my braids behind my ear.

"I'm not wearing anything fancy. It's just me."

"You don't need anything fancy to look beautiful. You're amazing when you're just your good old self." He said and my lips tilted in a tiny smile.

"Look who's blushing." He used one of his hands to caress my cheek.

"I'm not, fool." I slapped his hand away. He chuckled and stared at the road ahead.

"So how is your project with your father?"

"Ugh that thing is very frustrating and I can't wait for it to be all over. That man is going to be the death of me." He said and I chuckled.

"I can't wait to see where you're taking me." I said before taking out my phone to check my socials.

"You'll see."

We finally alighted at Krispy Kreme. We got inside and went to the counter to make our orders. The place was chilly yet warm and comfortable.