9!

[𝑨𝒏𝒅 𝒊𝒇 𝒉𝒆 𝒄𝒂𝒏'𝒕 𝒍𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒏 𝒕𝒐 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖, 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒔𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅 𝒍𝒆𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒉𝒊𝒎]

~~~~

"The board wants you to do more work on this book. They think it has a great storyline and it's amazing." Mr Phil says adjusting his blazer.

I just submitted the new work I recently started writing.

"Okay, thank you, Mr Phil." I acknowledged. I joined my hands to his outstretched ones. I left his office afterwards and headed to Coffee & cakes.

I ordered fries and some mocktail. I took out my laptop and continued with my book.

"Uh sorry, excuse me." I heard someone say and I turned to see a pretty teenager staring at me.

"Yea?"

"That man over there said I should tell you he says hey." She said pointing in the direction of a dark skinned-

Kamsy.

I smiled. He caught me smiling and his lips stretched into one that resembled mine.

"Thank you." I said to the little girl but she was gone.

He didn't stop looking my way as he sipped what I thought to be coffee.

Coffee by 2?? Who does that?

I decided to return to work.

Hours later when I finally removed my face from the screen of the laptop, I noticed the cafe was near empty and it was dark outside.

I placed my index and middle finger on both sides of my temple, massaging it. I was super exhausted after writing and editing about two long chapters.

"Here." I peered at  a can of energy drink across me on the table. I glanced up to see Kamsy standing in all his glory in a simple blue jorts and black shirt.

"Hey?" I said yawning and completely forgetting to cover my mouth. I tried to see his expression. He only smiled.

"Hey, Zita." A miraculous cough choked me as I started coughing.

That name.

It brought back so much memories I didn't want to remember. Everyone who ever called me that ended up leaving.

First Dad, then Diddy, and then Femi. Now him?

At least now I know. So I'm never getting attached.

"Please don't call me that. It's Chizitaram to you." I said colder than intended but he only gave his usual sweet smile.

"My bad. So ?" He motioned towards the drink and I eyed it surreptitiously.

"Why?"

"I've been sitting over there since and I've watched you work your ass out for four hours on that screen. I think you need a break which is why!" He disclosed and I nodded grabbing the can from him.