10!

[𝑰 𝒏𝒐𝒘 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒊𝒔 𝒉𝒐𝒘 𝒊𝒕 𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒌𝒔.]

~~~~~

I shut my laptop and took a sip of the fizzy water I had brought out earlier. I rubbed my temples and decided to take a snack break.

I went into the pantry to get some chin chin and then to the refrigerator to get fruit juice. I was too tired to return to writing, so I decided to retire for the day.

This new project was taking its toll on me and I always end up exhausted after the day. I decided to watch a movie.

The movie was going pretty well though I wasn't really paying attention to it. It was just a good distraction.

The doorbell rang. I slid into my slides and went to answer the door. I wonder who it was by this time of the night. I wasn't expecting anyone, especially not at this time.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him an itd suddenly I felt a sense of deja vu. Last night, we were in switched positions.

"Let's talk." He said calmly.

"I don't want to talk. Ayoola, I'm really stressed as you can see, I just want to be left alone." I told him and he nodded.

"I know. I won't waste your time. Please, let's talk." I ushered him in and took in a deep breath. His smell was intoxicatingly nice.

"So what d'you want to talk about?" I asked growing impatient.

"Everything."

"There's nothing to talk about here. I know you have a girlfriend so forget it." I told him bluntly and he shook his head smiling.

"Mayowa isn't my girlfriend. I don't have any." He pointed and I stared at him.

"So she's your sneaky link or playmate or what? Y'know what? I don't care." I said getting on my feet. He held me in place.

"I'm sorry for last night. Please, forgive me."

"Only if you'll forgive me for ghosting you after that night." I said biting my lower lip.

"I can if you'd let me do the biting." He said winking and I smacked him.

"Be serious."

"I am. You see Steph, I like you and I know you like me too. I'm scared of this whole thing and you are too. So why don't we try this thing slowly like two inexperienced teenagers?" He suggested hiding a strand of weave behind my ear.

"I'm not sure about this." I told him and I adjusted my blue night dress that hiked up, when I noticed he was staring.

"But I'm sure about-" He stared at my lips as he drew closer. "This." He closed the space between us and enclosed my lips with his. His hands went around my waist pulling me closer to him.

The blue satin dress hiked up and he groped my ass making me straddle him.

"Uh uh. You need to get going, it's late." I tried to get away from him but his grip on me was firm.