3!

[𝒀𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒈𝒆𝒕 𝒕𝒐 𝒌𝒆𝒆𝒑 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒊𝒏 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒍𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓.]

~~~~

"Okay that guy was fine as HELL." Yinka said for the umpteenth time since we got here.

"And noisy as HELL too." I said mimicking her tone. She snorted as she grabbed her sandwich. She moaned into it the minute it touched her taste bud.

"His friend is snobbish. I don't like him." I knew she was referring to Ayoola but I was surprised, because just yesterday she wouldn't stop talking about how fine he is.

"Because he didn't notice you." I said and she sent me a glare.

"Whatever but his friend is hotter and they must have had a great night." She said and I couldn't disagree more but I let it slide.

"Don't tell me that they were the ones throwing that noisy party. Gosh, I couldn't sleep and it didn't help matters because it was just nextdoor. I could literally hear everything." I closed my eyes to savour my pain.

I couldn't sleep last night. Their music was so loud and clear.

"Hmm. So you live nextdoor to those hunks. I'm jealous. Can we trade apartments?" She asked and I laughed. She lived on the next floor and not on ours.

"This sandwich is really good. I see what you been enjoying." I nodded at her words and sipped my coffee.

"Although I'd love for us to continue to connect but I have a flight I need to catch up with, honey." She says getting on her feet.

She paid the bills and a car pulled over and took her to the airport while I drove the car back to the apartment.

I spent the rest of the day trying to come up with ideas for my book but nothing was coming forth.

I decided to honor Mom's invitation to the family house in the evening and as usual, I went fashionably late.

"At least you came." Mom grumbled the moment she opened the door for me to get in.

"Good evening Mom." I greeted her as I held tightly onto the plastic bag containing a bottle of champagne.

I took the bag to the dining which was already set and my sister was already there on her phone. She ignored my presence and I did the same.

The content of the dishes made me salivate because my mom's jollof rice was simply the best.

"So-" Mom coughed. "How are you doing, Chizzy?" She asked addressing me once we were all sat at the table.

"Fine." I replied monotonously.

"Did you know that your sister's first case is on Monday? Buchi tell her na." She continued and went ahead to brag about Buchi's result.

Buchi and I never really got along. We were fine when we were much younger but growing up, things changed.

"Mom you've already told her. I'm really busy right now." She shunned Mom.

THE RIPPLE EFFECTजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें