13!

[I hate when I can't explain the shit I feel]

The morning breeze blew beautifully and the air was still damp from last night's rainfall. Stephanie was still in bed until loud, incessant knocking disrupted her pretty morning sleep.

She grumbled as she slid her foot into her furry slides and dragged her feet to the living room where the entrance door was located. She peeped through the peephole and saw an ever smiling Yinka at the other side.

She turned the knob and the vibrant girl in a jean mini skirt and a sports bra stood still. The Marley twists that sat atop her head gave an Afrocentric look.

"Well good morning to you." She pushed herself inside before dropping a light kiss on Stephanie's cheek. She made her way into the apartment that smelt of fresh roses owing to the rose flavored air freshener she had bought at the cheap store.

"Why are you here so early?" Stephanie asked rubbing her eyes from the effect of sleep. She still felt sleepy.

"We have a party to attend." The chirpy girl replied and her friend had never looked more confused.

"What-what party? I don't get."

"It's an evening party sort of a soiree but it's a cocktail party."

"Sounds exclusive." Stephanie thought aloud.

"It is but trust I've got us covered." Yinka continued blabbing before walking across to settle on a couch. It was her favorite in the apartment.

Stephanie still as confused as ever watched her ridiculous friend settle down and reach for the remote control.

"Us? Who are these 'us' you speak of?" She went across the demarcation that cut into the kitchen and searched for what to prepare.

"Oh stop being ridiculous, Steph. This is an easy way to finally make it." Her friend suggested and she watched in amusement.

"Ridiculous? I'm being ridiculous? I'm not the one suggesting we gatecrash an event we weren't invited to. Like who does that?"

"Everyone in desperate need of cash, Stephanie. Listen, we weren't invited but we can get through. See, I know someone there and he'd let us in without protocols. I have it sorted out. All we have to do is look the part." She explained holding onto the island and waiting patiently for her friend's approval.

"Why are you in desperate need of cash, Yinka?" Stephanie asked her bestfriend.

"Is that all you got from everything I've said here?" Yinka asked before scratching her brows.

"Don't try to evade it." Her friend warned from where she stood by the sink.

"Well, everyone in Lagos is hustling. We all need owo. I just need investors and shit. Please, be my plus one." She pleaded and after a minute of dead silence, her friend gave in.

"Yea but only if you'll help with cooking." Stephanie bargained.

"Of course. Cooking is one of my favorites." Yinka said before going ahead to wash the tomatoes Stephanie had sorted earlier.