Chapter 8

On the car ride to the restaurant you and Adrianna were sharing AirPods since your mom didn't want to listen to your "cochineras" (my mom fr😔).

About 15 minutes later, you arrive at the restaurant. You were the first ones since your dad wanted to be early. The reservation was at 7:00pm and it was currently 6:53pm. You guys waited for the rest of the team. You were kinda nervous to see everyone since the incident... especially Kevin. Then you started to see some players come in one by one, and some with their families. When you saw Kevin come in, you were going to faint. He looked so mesmerizing in formal clothes. Adrianna noticed you were staring.
Adrianna: "You 'don't' like him huh" she said while wiggling her eyebrows. You looked back at her and elbowed her. You see Diego as he runs up to you.
Y/n: "Heyy! You remember Adrianna right?"
Diego: "Ofcourse! The girl that had her eyes all over Juliannn"(Araujo)
Adrianna: "Whatattatt r u talkinggg about?! You're stupid" she replied as she pulled him into a hug.
Diego: "So y/n! Have you made up with your chikibonbon Kevin?🤗"
Y/n: "I'm actually gonna strangle you 😐"
Diego: "Come onnn let's go eattt!! I'm hungry asf"
Y/n: "fatass"
Diego: "Bitch stfu Ik I have a gyat🙄!"

You went to go to the bathroom really quick. When you came back you see that the only spot left was next to Kevin.

Fuckkkkk   

Atleast Diego was gonna be next to you still. Julian actually invited Adrianna to sit with him😏. You sat down trying to avoid any eye contact with Kevin. He noticed you were sitting next to him and his face lit up a little.
Kevin: "hey" he said
Y/n: "hi" you said shyly. You were not getting over the fact that his gf literally showed up to your house, uninvited, destroyed your room, and almost beat you up. You played with your fingers. He noticed you were nervous. Then a waiter came by to take everyone's order.

——Time skip to after dinner——

Your dad payed for the food, it was around 9pm and everyone went  outside the restaurant to say goodbye. You said goodbye to the players, the wives, and the kids. Then Kevin goes up to you.
Kevin: "Hey y/n"
Y/n: "Oh uh.. hey"
Kevin: "Look, I just wanted to apologize on what happened yesterday. That was a really shitty thing of Daniela to do"
Y/n: "oh... it's ok.... you don't need to apologize"
Kevin: No, yes I do. It wasn't mature of her to show up uninvited and to ruin everything.

You were about to speak but get interrupted by your dad yelling at you from the car.

Dad: "y/n! Let's go come on!!!"
Y/n: "Look Kevin thank you for the apology but I have to go. I'll talk to you later."
You walked quickly to the car, not looking back. You didn't want to get in another awkward situation with Kevin. On the way home, a million things were on your mind.

Why did he want to talk to me? Why did he go to the dinner? I didn't think he would go because of what happened. Why was he apologizing? His bitchy ass gf was the one that was supposed to apologize.

Adrianna: "hey, u okay?"
Y/n: "No yeah im okay" You reply giving her a small smile.

But the thing is that there were to many things in your head.

When you pulled up to the driveway if your home. You got out went immediately to your room, Adrianna following you. You tell her you would take a shower. Hopefully it would get your mind off things.
...
You both went downstairs to say goodnight to your parents. You both went to your bathroom, brushed your teeth, did your skincare, and hoped in bed.

You were about to go to sleep when your phone went off. Who is texting me at this hour?? (it's around 11)
You look at Adrianna who is sound asleep. You reached for your phone on the nightstand and saw the contact name. Diego?

Switching to Diego's POV: I left y/n on read because she fucking deserved it

I left y/n on read because she fucking deserved it. I IMMEDIATELY called Kevin because I NEEDED to know what the fuck was ping on between the two.

On call:K: What the fuck Diego?!? It's 12 in the morning leave me alone!! D: WHY R U SUCH A PUSSY?K: What?? Oh my god diego let me sleepD: Why didn't u ask y/n out? It's so obvious you like her

On call:
K: What the fuck Diego?!? It's 12 in the morning leave me alone!!
D: WHY R U SUCH A PUSSY?
K: What?? Oh my god diego let me sleep
D: Why didn't u ask y/n out? It's so obvious you like her.
K: What? (His voice gets higher)
D: BFFR KEVIN. All the signs r there!!
K: Okay maybe i think she's pretty and stuff but I don't like her like that.....
D: Sureeee. I see how your face lites up whenever she's arounddd
K: i cant Diego! I have a girlfriend!
D: Who gives a fuck! I know everyone else doesn't and you don't either!
K: I don't want to hurt her...
D: KEVIN! THINK!!! What happened when you first started dating Daniela.
There was a long pause so Diego answered for him.
D: She cheated on you! And you forgave her! I saw how much you were hurt kev and you STILL forgave her. AND IT HAPPEND TWO MORE TIMES

Kevin hated that diego brought that up. He shoved it all the way down in his mind and now it's back. All those feelings are back.

K: But.. that was 2 yrs ago!
D: I know! That was in the past and she is too! she's only using you.
K: I'll think about it
D: you better chikibonbon
K: goodnight diego

Before Diego could say goodnight kevin ended the call. Kevin sat up in his bed in his thoughts. Should he really break up with Daniela? You hate that diego was right and out her. You knew he had been right for a long time but, he never had the heart to do it. He gets up and dials Daniela's number....

THE NEXT DAY: (y/n's pov):
I woke up and looked at the time in my phone. It was 9:33am and I decided to get up. I brushed my teeth, showered, and went downstairs to eat breakfast.
Y/n: "Buenos días mami"
Mom: "buenos días y/n. Dormiste bien?" Your mom asked as she handed you a plate of huevitos con jamón.
Y/n: Si
Mom: "Oye y ayer cuando tu papá te llamo del caro estabas hablando con alguien?"She asked.
Y/n: "Oh si, era Kevin.." you replied while eating your breakfast.
Mom: "Mmm pues hoy no voy a estar me invito tu tia a comer hasta Mexico" (MEXICO CITY BTW CUZ THEY R IN PACHUCA)
Y/n: Mmmm, y mi apá?
Mom: El tiene trabajo asta Guadalajara
Y/n: Hasta aya? No son como unas 6 horas?
Mom: Si pero ya ves que tiene que ir 🤷‍♀️
Y/n: "pues si" you say as you eat your food.
Mom: "pues mija ya me voy, no voy a regresar hasta la noche entonces no me esperes" she says as she gives you a kiss on your forehead.
Mom: "Ay mas huevos en el refri si quieres más y déjale a Adrianna!" She finished saying as the door closed behind her. And just like that both of your parents weren't home.

________________________
A/N:
OKAY SO LONGER CHAPTERRRR
sorry it took me awhile. MAYBE ILL ADD A BROTHER???? like an older one that kinda left to play soccer somewhere else😜. IF I DO ILL TRY TO MAKE JT MAKE SENCE...THE POV IS CONFUSING IK😭 i think imma change it it 1st person pov to make it easier? Im so far not liking this story and thinking about writing another one..
(1309 words!)

TYSM FOR THE VOTES TOO!!