Chapter 13: Attack On Kraken

CHAPTER 13

ATTACK ON KRAKEN

Most sailors intend to steer clear of certain creatures of the sea. Most of them feared the dreaded Kraken - or giant squid, as they described it.

Unfortunately for the crew of the Ocean's Doom, they were about to face the very sea beastie that haunted their nightmares.

As all were armed and ready, they waited with bated breaths as the mass sank under the dark waves and disappeared from view.

It was silent for a split second longer before a giant tentacle shot up from the surface and coiled itself around the ship's bow. Another followed soon after and stretched onto the poop deck and wrapped itself around a poor crew man.

With a yelled order from the captain, all who were armed on deck charged at the massive tentacles - stabbing them with spears and hacking at them with swords. All such blades were tipped with red eel venom, courtesy of Mrs Pepper.

Although such a mild amount of venom couldn't possibly harm a Kraken, it did cause enough pain to hurt it as its tentacles recoiled, only to be replaced by more.

The ship tipped forwards as the Kraken's tentacles weighed it down and some people were staggering towards the sloping bow.

Isaac did his own bit of fending off the giant tentacles as the sounds of canon fire filled the air. Out of the corner of his eye, he could see just how much his knights and the captain's crew fought to keep the giant monster at bay.

Raine and Aurora applied their teamwork skills to slice at the massive appendages together - complete with rather flashy swordsmanship. Arty and Neil both showed off their archery skills by using their venom-tipped arrows - even though Neil was clearly unmatched. Ram and Jed hacked away towards the bow while Callie attacked with her cutlass while holding a firm grip on the rigging.

Time seemed to be at a standstill as the Kraken refused to relent while the occupants of the Ocean's Doom fought with every ounce they had.

The Kraken's movements slowed and became sluggish as its coiled back. For a moment, everyone relaxed before two last tentacles flicked both Isaac and Aurora overboard.

Isaac could barely comprehend what had happened before he felt the chilling waters meet his body. He froze in shock before kicking himself to the surface. Once fresh air met his lungs, he took a deep breath and tried to stay afloat as waves crashed into him. He could just make out the sounds of people calling his name.

But where was Aurora?

He ducked under the waves and looked around under the water. He nearly gasped in a mouthful of salty sea water as he saw the Kraken sinking slowly.

It was a freaking giant squid!

He caught a glimpse of its mouth and in a moment of distraction, hadn't noticed the tentacle wrap around him before it was too late.

He struggled to break free, air the only priority for his fear-induced brain. The Kraken seemed to emmit some kind of screech as he saw dark ribbons floating from a deep gash on its tentacle and the area close to its mouth.

Its grip loosened on him slightly and Isaac saw Aurora struggling to swim up towards him but her movements were much too weak.

He wiggled in the Kraken's grip in an attempt to try to swim down to fetch her deapite the fire in his lungs.

A burst of bubbles cloae to his side alerted him that someone had dove into the ocean. He saw Callie hack at the tentacle around him, her movements slowed by the water pressure.

He pointed to Aurora and they both swam lower to retrieve her.

She was unmoving and Isaac faintly caught the glint of her swords sink further into the dark ocean depths as her grip had loosened.

Both he and Callie wrapped their arms around Aurora from either side and swam to the surface.

Once Isaac inhaled the precious air, he turned to look at the red-headed knight. She was as limp as a wet noodle and showed no signs of breathing. He panicked for a moment. She couldn't die like this. She just had to be alive.

She had to.

Isaac was in a daze as he was helped on board and even as Callie administered aid to Aurora. She couldn't die like this. Not so young and certainly not because it was because of him that she was even on this voyage.

Plus, Jon would kill him.

Right after Commander Senale.

Not to mention Raine.

He was snapped out of his daze by a sputtered cough and sighs of relief all around. Isaac turned to see Aurora in a sitting position being supported by Callie while Raine hugged her and proceeded to smack her shoulder like the best friend she was.

"Oh, thank heavens," Isaac muttered in relief.

"She definitly doesn't die easy," Neil muttered, coming to clap him on the shoulder. "And apparently, neither do you,"

Isaac managed a weak nod before staring out into the open sea. The dark Kraken blood still swirled around close to the ship and most of the people on deck were bruised, sweaty and scarred.

It went without question that there was a celebration for evading the Kraken with no lives taken.

Isaac hadn't seen the need for it but Callie insisted that it was good for keeping up everyone's spirits.

Any kind of victory is worth celebrating, she'd told him. Because you never know if you might be lucky enough to get another.

***

Authors Note:

Hey hey hey. Another update for you scurvy dogs. Kudos to anyone who gets the title ;)

Please vote, comment and keep being awesome.

Special shout outs to:
@huirli
@lisseth143
@BoM_Squad2014
@AbbyWichman
@SilicaYuki
@lexielwess
@ZBHunter
@amberhollis45
@TheDragonTatts
for the amazing votes and comments (You guys rock)  :)

Also thanks to @sister14 and @dextyy for their support on my other story Under the Moonlight.

Thank you all for your continued support (including ghost readers and any I havent mentioned). You guys are epic!!!

xoxo

Skyglider