Epilogue: Happily Ever After

EPILOGUE

HAPPILY EVER AFTER

It had been quite the struggle to get Callie accepted as Isaac's fiancée. Weeks had gone by relentlessly but he never gave up.

In the end, it was the queen that pulled through by acknowledging Callie's knowledge of trade, foreign valuables and sea routes and her leadership qualities.

Of course, after giving a brutal interrogation, Queen Alyssa found she adored the former sailor captain and vouched for her in a way that begged no argument.

With a wedding on the way in a few months, Isaac had wanted to call in his allies to report on the sightings of either pirates, goblins or traces of Dragonsbane.

Osyren had finally awoken and took to the skies more often than not to stretch his wings.

As Isaac was taking a ride out on Osyren's back with Callie having her arms around him, he thought back to what his father had told him.

The king had mentioned that what had occured with the goblins was a complete secret and that the townsfolk would come up with their own versions of his adventures sooner or later.

He remembered how his father had talked to him about how the decisions he made now would be up to him and he had to be careful.

King Nicholas had had to think for days on end after he had discovered that the warrior that had saved his life was a woman. He had offered knighthood to those who fought for the kingdom and Amelia had seemed so sure of herself.

It had been the beginning of change. One for the better despite most people acknowledging it.

Amelia was no hardened warrior. She was just a woman with a heart of gold and a fierce honour to her family. If fighting as a soldier was a way to protect them then so be it. It didn't matter what anybody else thought.

As Isaac looked back to the wonderful woman beside him on the dragon's saddle, he couldn't agree more.

Sometimes to get what you want, you had to fight for it. Even if it meant being looked down upon by everyone else.

What really mattered was whether you were willing to take the chance.

***

Atremesio called the next person in line as he eyed his list of new crew members.

He had taken over as captain of the newly commisioned ship, The Avenger, and was loving every bit of it. Currently he was at a tavern in one of the ports of the Eastern coast regions.

"Got nothing better to do," the young man replied.

That was good enough for him.

"You're hired," Arty grinned. "Name?"

"Call me Robin," the young man answered, slinging his bow over his shoulder.

"Na'matoreh!" Arty jerked a thumb towards the exit and handed him a piece of paper. "The Avenger awaits,"

Just as Robin left, Megan returned from the bar with a plate of food for the both of them.

"Just got word that the prince has summoned us, Cap," she told him.

"How'd ya know?" Arty asked, tilting his head.

Woogah perched himself on Megan's shoulder and squawked.

"Little birdy told me,"

Arty rose from his seat, plate in hand. "To the palace!"

***

Isaac had gathered all the people he trusted to one of the secret underground rooms that Jon discovered.

This was the first time he had gathered everyone in this room together and hoped it wouldn't be the last.

Standing around a large table, he addressed each of them to their tasks at hand in protecting not only their kingdom but other innocent people as well.

It was a shock at first to learn that Robin, Fayne's assistant, was a part of Arty's crew but he and his knights had let it slide as long as he never set foot in the palace.

Isaac turned to Arty, Megan, Erik, Jed, Gunther, Cooper and Mrs Pepper who held Iggy. They and the crew of the Avenger would patrol for any pirates that may have intentions of harming Callie.

Obed, Kadi and Raine would assist in coming up with better defence against all the dark creatures and be in charge of weapons. They would also be responsible for assisting Dinvar destroy whatever Dragonsbane they could find.

Aurora, Ram, Jon and Neil would be a part of the royal guard for both Isaac and Callie.

But they all had to work together to fight against the creatures of darkness lead by the goblins.

"I say we should have a cool name," Neil suggested.

"Like a guild?" Megan asked in distaste.

"Or a league," Arty added.

"No, an order," Erik insisted.

"The order of the dragon," Cooper piped up.

Various ideas were thrown here and there and Isaac rolled his eyes. This band of misfits wouldn't last a day.

"You have to admit it's kinda funny," Callie said from beside him.

He smiled and pecked her lips, earning whoops, hollers and cat-calls.

He had to admit though. He couldn't ask for a better band of unlikely allies.

And to think, if it hadn't been for the curse, he might have never met them.

Might have never pushed himself to stand for what he believed to be right.

So maybe he had women for warriors, a former thief for a knight, a pirate's daughter for a wife, a team of privateers for friends and a dragon for a guardian.

Dark creatures may be able to roam the earth but standing his ground, he wouldn't let him feel defeated. No matter what he would fight with what he had to defend those who needed help. Magic may be lost to humans but he had gained so much more.

It was for this and so much more that Isaac had been remembered as one of the revolutionary royals of history.

With his famed nickname as the Dragon Prince.

****

Authors note:

YAY!!!! DRAGON PRINCE IS FINISHED!!!!! WHOOP WHOOP!!!

*CONFETTI CANNON FIRED*

THANK YOU GUYS EPICALLY FOR YOUR LOVE AND SUPPORT. YOU'VE BEEN THE BEST!!!

Please vote and comment. I'll post some bonus chapters some time in the future. But for now...

*closing credits run up the screen*

*Immortals by Fall Out Boy as the soundtrack*

xoxo

Skyglider