Chapter 16: Second Star To The Right

CHAPTER 16

SECOND STAR TO THE RIGHT

"Come on, we're all dying to see how it works,"

"Yeah, let's see your magic sword in action,"

Isaac sighed as he unsheathed Osyren and prepared himself to take a swipe at Callista's blade. Both she and Erik had been pestering him for days and he had finally relented. Of course, he had used it when it came to the sea monsters that had attacked the ship once they had left the Reched Isles. But he had been so worn out afterwards that he slept most of the days away.

In the privacy of Callie's cabin, she had gathered his knights, Erik and a doubtful Arty to witness the power of his mighty blade properly. With a roll of his eyes, he swung directly at Callie's drawn sword and caught it glowing for a moment before slicing right through.

Needless to say, after a moment of shock, there was a demand for further demonstrations. Unfortunately, the added use of the blade wore the young prince out just as Arty suggested he cut through three cannon balls at once.

With the short entertainment over, everyone departed the cabin except for Isaac as he gathered his breath to sheath his sword. Using it took more out of him than any normal blade would and he found it a shame that he was only going to use such a powerful weapon to break a curse.

"You okay?" Callie asked him as he leaned against the wall to steady himself.

He nodded and simply gave her a small smile. "I simply tire easily as I use it often. I think it drains more of my energy every time,"

She frowned slightly. "Then you better not use it unless it's absolutely necessary," she scolded him, much to his surprise. "In the meantime, just use a normal blade,"

She then tossed him a cutlass and folded her arms. "Have you thought about what you're going to do once you cross this Sorcerer person?" she asked him.

Isaac was stunned for a moment before remembering how they had opened up to each other in the crow's nest a few days ago. He honestly had no clue how he was going to go about the whole ordeal with Sorcerer and the curse. He had hoped something would come to him by now but he was completely blank.

He gave her a simple shake of the head before meeting her eyes.

"It seems the only way I can set Osyren free is to bring about the end of magic," he told her. "I tried thinking of any other solution or loophole but came up with nothing. I never thought I'd find myself in a situation where I would lose either way,"

Callie gave him a look and cocked her head to the side. "Well, the loss of magic wouldn't really affect me or my crew 'cause we're not dependent on it," she said. "Whatever happens, you can't lose sight of what's important to you. And if freeing your dragon is what it is, then the consequences can rot in a pile of bull-troll dung,"

Isaac had to stifle a laugh at her pep talk. Though he had to admit, it did help him feel a little better.

She proceeded to chase him from her cabin as she tried to clean up the mess he had caused by slicing up other objects around the floor. He walked over to the railing and caught a glimpse of Neil holding a sling shot and signing something to Kadi, who was smiling uncontrollably with stars in her eyes. Erik stood beside them, aiming his own slingshot at a seagull overhead. Arty was at the helm with Ram and Gunther and Aurora was watching Raine beat yet another crewmember at some random board game.

A horn sounded and all eyes turned to the crow's nest where Jed stood, eye practically glued to the spyglass.

"Jolly Rogers!" he cried out. "Two of 'em,"