Chapter 17: A Bittersweet Victory

CHAPTER 17

A BITTERSWEET VICTORY

"Iggy's awake!" Erik cried in excitement.

"Great!" Neil added. "Now what?"

Arty looked thoughtful before he suggested that Iggy pick the locks on their cells.

"We're doomed," Neil groaned.

Isaac meanwhile wondered just how they could get past the pirates and somehow retrieve his sword from Hook's cabin and still manage to rescue Callie and make their escape.

"I think I have an idea," Raine suggested.

"That's my girl," Neil winked, earning a scowl from her.

"Anyway," she continued. "If Iggy can pick these locks then we have a better shot of taking this ship,"

Aurora gaped at her. "You want us to steal a pirate ship?"

"Pretty much,"

Cooper clutched the bars and stared at her. "That's crazy talk! I like it!"

Isaac was considerably grateful to have brought Raine along now. He hoped her plan would succeed.

"Bear in mind that Hook has both Callie and Osyren," he reminded her just in case.

Raine pursed her lips. "Then timing is everything," she responded. "We can't delay by a second,"

"No pressure," Aurora muttered.

Ram spoke up and his deep baritone had all eyes on his massive figure.

"So what's the plan?"

***

Callie had her arms crossed and she bored holes in the back of Hook's head as she glared at him.

She couldn't really believe that her ship was taken from her that easily. A ship that had survived mermaids, sea monsters and even a Kraken had been destroyed by a band of worthless pirates.

It was enough to make her blood boil as she thought of ways to get back at the smirking pirate captain.

He even had the audacity to toss away her hat!

That in itself was a declaration of war.

"Yer far too silent, Sailor Girl," Hook chuckled keeping his eyes ahead as his crew rushed about on deck, ridding it of any remaining debris.

Callie did not grace him with a response.

"Aw, you still mad 'bout ye wittle ship?" he cooed. "Should be grateful I spared most of ye crew, lass,"

Callie scoffed.

She had worked hard so far to give the illusion that she hadn't wanted him to know about the treasure and they could only follow the star for so long before Hook would get suspicious.

As time wore on, most of the crew retreated to bed and only a handful remained on deck.

Callie noticed a cabin boy enter Hook's cabin with an insanely large bundle of beddings and exiting some time after with considerably less but as though he were hiding something.

"Oi!" Hook called the lad. "Ye prepared me bath already?"

"Aye, Cap'n," the lad replied.

Callie knew that voice and she tried not to make it obvious as she tried to get a better view of the "lad's" face under the cap he wore.

It was a little to dark to tell but she could've sworn she caught a wisp of red hair peeking from the cap on his head.

A smile tugged at her lips but she pursed them to keep it hidden.

Dragon PrinceрдЬрд╣рд╛рдБ рдХрд╣рд╛рдирд┐рдпрд╛рдБ рд░рд╣рддреА рд╣реИрдВред рдЕрднреА рдЦреЛрдЬреЗрдВ