Cap 19

** Few days later **

- "Idiots!!! How could you go against Taiju alone?!" Katsumi shouted at Takemichi and Chifuyu. "And the cherry on the top, you allied with Kisaki and Hanma?! What was in your mind to trust those two snakes?! You should have called me. Takemichi, you should have told me that Taiju's death would have altered the future! I'm the only one of the 3 of us who could fight him!"

- "I didn't want to get you in trouble!" Takemichi said.

- "Me? To get me in trouble?! Those guys beat you up while I stomped half of their gang along with Draken and got away with just one punch in the face!"

- "I thought we could handle it ourselves, Katsumi", Chifuyu said. "I wanted to protect you."

- "E? Since when do I need to be protected?" Katsumi asked in surprise. "There's something you're not telling me Chifuyu. Takemichi? Are you hiding information from me?"

- "Kat, you are the one who puts up as a shield in front of everyone, you are the one who is ready at any moment to protect us... I wanted to offer you the same thing for the first time. Plus Baji-san asked me to take care of you, not to put you in situations where you could get hurt! Baji-san wanted to protect you all the time, that's why he didn't want to tell you anything even about his suspicions about Kisaki! Baji-san would never forgive me if he knew you were hurt because of me!"

- "Fuck Keisuke!" Katsumi said with tears in her eyes. "He always wanted to take care of me...even after his death he gave you the task to protect me..."Katsumi took a deep breath.

- "In the future, don't do things like that without consulting me first", he told them in a calm tone. "Takemichi, I saw the look you had when I asked you if you were hiding something from me."

- "It's nothing important", Takemichi tried to defend himself.

- "Takemichi, if we are partners in this matter, you will have to tell me everything."

Takemichi was hesitant at first, but then told her:

- "The last time I was in the future and you killed Kisaki, before Chifuyu and I left with him, you grabbed Chifuyu by the collar of his shirt and kissed him and then threatened Kisaki that cut off his hands if he touches a hair on his head."

Katsumi looked at him socked with their face red and with wide-eyed.

- "Ok, some things you can keep hidden", she said without looking at them.

Chifuyu also blushed a little.

** 31st of December **

Katsumi was with Mikey, Draken and Emma at the new year festival. She was wearing a Kimono with a fur scarf around her neck. Their attention was drawn by Takemichi who was screaming and trying to catch an ema on which he had written his New Year's wish.

- "Did you lose this?" Mikey asked picking her up from the floor.

After him came all the other captains and vice-captains from Toman, along with Hina and Mitsuya's sisters.

- "Onee-chan!! You are so beautiful!" shouted Luna and Runa, hugging Katsumi, who bent down so that she could hug them too.

- "There are 10 seconds left until the new year!" someone shouted from the crowd.

- "Let's all jump together", said Mikey.

Katsumi lifted Luna and Runa in her arms and they all started counting down from 10.

"Kat really looks good in festive clothes" thought Chifuyu. He rarely saw her elegantly dressed.

- "Happy New Year!!!" they all shouted in unison.