Cap 22

Katsumi was walking down the street after going to the store to buy a few mangas. She was reading the last issue of her favorite manga when someone bumped into her magazine. She noticed that in a short period of time several guys with an unfamiliar uniform surrounded her.

- "Oi, bastard, I was reading that!" she shouted at the guy who kicked her manga.

- "This is Akuma from Toman! We will get a higher rank if we defeat her!" one of them shouted.

- "So you want to dance with me, huh?" Katsumi said snapping her fingers. "Let's dance then!"

They all attacked her at the same time, she hit them mercilessly breaking their bones.

- "How reckless to attack me!" she shouted as she smashed the head of one of them against a wall.She jumped into the air and hit one of them, breaking his teeth. Then she grabbed another by the arm and knocked him to the ground, dislocating his shoulder. She broke another's shin while laughing demonically.

- "What are you looking for here? What is your problem with Toman?" she asked one of them after defeating them all.

- "We are Tenjiku and we came here to destroy Toman", said the trembling boy.Katsumi licked the blood from her lips and spat in his face.

- "Who are your leaders?" Katsumi asked.

- "Our leader is Izana Kurokawa."Katsumi flinched when she heard that name.

- "General office Kisaki Tetta, the four heavenly kings: Kakucho, Ran Haitani, Kanji Muchizuki, Shino Madarame, executives: Rindo Haitani, Shuji Hanma."

- "Kisaki...the bastard", Katsumi hissed.

She punched the guy so hard that left him unconscious and then took her manga and left.

"Izana Kurokawa...why does this name seem so familiar to me?" thought Katsumi as he tried to call Chifuyu, Mitsuya and Mikey.

- "Mikey?! Are you ok?!" Katsumi asked excitedly.

- "Of course, why wouldn't I be?" Mikey asked.

- "Where are you?"

- "Kat-chin, what happened? Why are you panting? Are you running?"

- "Mikey, I was just attacked by a group of idiots from Tenjiku, they came here to destroy Toman. Do you know anything about the others? Tell me where you are, I'll get on my motorcycle immediately and come to you."

- "Kat-chin, I'm fine, I don't know anything about the others. Do you think I was attacked too?" Mikey asked.

- "I'm sure of it!"

- "I'm in the port, at my place", said Mikey. "Um..something strange just happened, a guy named Izana Kurokawa came here."

- "He is their leader!!" Katsumi shouted. "Is he still there? Mikey, be careful, I have a weird feeling this isn't the first time I've heard of this guy."

- "He left some time ago. Kat-chin, I'm announcing a meeting for tomorrow night. See you at home."

At the Manji temple.

- "Tokyo Manji emergency meeting begins!", Draken shouted. "Yesterday our members were attacked by YOKOHAMA'S "TENJIKU". Tenjiku is a recently formed gang, we know nothing about them and how they operate. That's why Akuma will tell us everything she managed to find out from all the members involved."

- "First of all, these guys have no fear. They attacked me fearlessly. The 1st Division was attacked by the Mochizuki unit, led by Jugemu's former captain, Kanji Mochizuki (thanks for this info Smiley)", Katsumi said.

- "I guess this is their strongest unit", said Smiley.

- "We can't be sure yet, there are also Haitani brothers in Tenjiku, Mistuya, the captain of the second division, confronted them yesterday. Also, some of our members faced Shino Madarame, known as the 9th captain of the Black Dragon."

- "It seems that a group of leaders from the S62 generation have united for no apparent reason and are attacking Toman", said Mikey.

- "Oh, they have a reason, Kisaki Tetta, Takemichi confirmed to me that he met with him and Hanma. Their leader is Izana Kurokawa, also confirmed by Takemichi. This is all the information I was able to gather by talking to the attacked Toman members and interrogating one of those who attacked me", Katsumi said.

- "It doesn't matter what they want, we will fight them!" Mikey said. "Toman will go to war with Tenjiku!"

Katsumi looked at Takemichi and Chifuyu who were whispering. She suspected that Takemichi wanted to go to the future.

Katsumi was in the dojo training with the sword. Her grandfather entered and sat on the floor.

- "Katsumi-chan, I'm sorry I didn't teach you more", said her grandfather.

- "You don't have anything to apologise for, grandpa", Katsumi told him while repeating empty cuts in the air.

- "I feel that I always put pressure on you: don't end up like Shinichiro, study, train, take care of Emma, she's your younger sister, Manjiro needs you to protect him from getting into trouble... you were all time a mature and responsible child, and I threw even more responsibility on you, because I felt that you were the only one who could carry them. What did you get yourself into when you came home with a broken lip? It's the first time I see you like this. I'm sorry, Katsumi-chan, it's all my fault. Maybe there will come a time when you will have to let Manjiro fend for himself."

- "Grandpa, what are you saying? I can't leave Manjiro! Especially when he needs me."

- "That boy will need you all his life, but you need yourself too, Katsumi-chan. Maybe it's time to do something just for you. Something that would make you happy. You put in so much effort both at school and with training, you tutor other students for money, you are raising money for college, right?" asked the sad old man.

- "Yes", answered Katsumi.

- "Maybe you should focus more on this, it's something you really want. Leave Manjiro to fend for himself..."

- "Grandpa are you asking me to abandon Manjiro?! I cant do this! We came into this world together, we went through so much together."

- "No, Katsumi, I'm not asking you to abandon him, I'm asking you to choose yourself at least once. Manjiro will manage on his own."

- "I can't do this, Mikey needs me", said Katsumi with tears in her eyes. "I'd take a bullet for Mikey."

- "That's the problem, Katsumi-chan, if he put himself in front of the gun, that's the bullet he has to take."

- "You are delusional, grandpa", Katsumi told him and turned her back to him. Tears started to flow down her face.

Her grandfather got up and came and put a hand on her shoulder.

- "Please take care of yourself, Katsumi-chan, you have a bright future ahead of you, you can do more than your brothers ever could. You are not like Shinichiro or Manjiro."

- "Of course I'm like them, they're my brothers", said Katsumi, crying.

- "If you ever come home injured again, you will break my heart", her grandfather told her, then he left the dojo.

Katsumi continued to train with the sword while crying.

- "I couldn't protect Shinichiro or Keisuke, but I will do anything to protect Mikey...we came into this world together, we leave it together."

Emma had witnessed the whole discussion between Katsumi and their grandfather. She was standing next to the outer wall of the dojo and was crying.

- "Katsumi-chan... please don't die..." whispered Emma.