Part 1

*Y/n POV*

Today is definitely not my day. My older brother b/n was supposed to show me around campus but he ditched me to play golf with his friends. Then I was supposed to get a single dorm but they messed up the arrangements and now I have to share with someone.
I guess it could be worst. At least my roommate will be on the basketball team with me so I can hopefully make a friend before the first practice I thought.
"And here's your new room for the year" my RA says to me. Room 333, my lucky number. "This better mean good luck for the year" I mumbled. I see the RA walk away as I turned the key to my room.
It's actually bigger than I thought. Though it's still a dorm, there's enough room for my stuff and for a study spot.
As I'm scoping out the place I see what i assume is my roommates door closed. It would be rude to barge in so I stop outside the door and knock. I wait for a good 2 minutes but no answer so I turn the knob and walk in.
My new roommate is asleep on her bed with the blankets thrown everywhere and she's snoring softly.
She's super pretty with straight dark brown hair surrounding her on the pillow.
I tap her to wake her up and she jumps so hard that she falls off the bed.
As she slowly stands up and looks at me I finally realize who she is.
"Caitlin Clark?" I say in amazement.
"Yeah. Who are you?" She questions.
"Um... I'm your new roommate/teammate y/n. I thought I should introduce myself before you woke up and found a stranger in your dorm" I reply.
"Oh you're the transfer from UConn right? Do you know Paige?" She asks.
"Of course I do we go way back" I say.
She hums and starts searching her room for something when I notice she's not wearing a shirt. She's in a sports bra and basketball shorts. I quickly turn away and say "Sorry for interrupting your nap. I'll just let myself out to unpack."
I can't believe I didn't notice, she probably thinks I'm a creep or something I cringe in my head.
As I'm about to leave Caitlin grabs my wrist and tells me to wait. She goes to her closet and puts on a workout shirt. She then says "I don't mind that you woke me, I actually need to go to the gym for my workout if you wanna come with?"
I answer "Sure I'll go" and run to my room to get ready. When I come out Caitlin is texting someone on her phone in the living room.
"Ready?" She asks
"Ready." I answer. But before I can walk to the front door she stops me and asks me how I knew her name earlier.
"Oh uh I'm actually a fan of yours. I heard a lot about you from Paige last year so I decided to watch some of your games and I thought you where amazing. Like the way you shoot, how you support your team with assists, and how aggressive you get on the court. I bet it takes a lot of practice to get to the level your on Caitlin" I blurt out in one breath.
She looks at me in shock and I start to blush at how embarrassed I feel.
Thankfully she just smiles kindly at me and tells me to come on. I grab my water bottle and follow her out the door.

*note*
I hope this is ok for the first part and I expect to write longer parts in the future. Again I've never written a fic before so go easy on my work plz🙏🏼

I have my ACT  coming up and aau season is starting but I will update as frequently as possible💕

Plz leave some comments for me!