Part 3

*Caitlin POV*

I wake up to knocking on my door. I grumble and slowly climb out of my bed. I'm expecting it to be Monika waking me for practice but I'm surprised to see it's y/n.
"Come on Caitlin it's time for my first Hawkeyes practice!" She says excitedly.
"Ughhh already I'm barely awake yet" I complain as I invite her in and get dressed. She sits on my bed and starts talking about how she really wants to meet the team.
Once we're both ready we leave the dorm to head to the gym. When the gym comes into view y/n breaks out into a run. I figure why not and run after her. She beats me to the door and barges in. When I catch up to her she's already putting her basketball shoes on and talking to Coach Bluder.
"I'm y/n, a transfer from UConn, and I'm a guard. I'm super happy to get to play with you this year." she introduces herself to everyone. As we all go around telling her out names she waves me over.
"Hey, sorry but I'm a little bit nerves so I'd appreciate if you could kinda just let me hang around you this practice since I know you" she says once I get beside her. "No worries I understand" I reply.
She's cute when she's nerves I think to myself.
...where did that come from. Whatever let's just get on with practice. I hear Coach tell all of us to start with layup lines.
After an hour of practice we start scrimmaging. Me and y/n are on the same team so I know we're gonna win.
We work super good together with no look passes, threes, and reading what the defense is going to do next.
When we finish the games everyone surrounds us and asks how we work so good together.
"I don't know maybe we're just destined to be great together" she smiles at me and I turn red.
"Are you ok Caitlin your face is really red?" Monika asks.
"Yeah just a little worn out I guess" I lie.
I invite Monika and Kate over to our room to help y/n get more comfortable with some teammates. As we make our way there I feel y/n open up to Monika and Kate. We are all talking and laughing as I unlock the door.
Once I get to my room I check my phone and see a text from Paige. We haven't talked in a while so I decide to call her and I tell the girls as I shut my door.
*On Call* ( Paige is in bold and Caitlin in regular)
Hello?
Hey Caitlin how are you?
I'm good but I have a bone to pick with you Paige Bueckers.
What did I do now?
You didn't warn me that a totally hot transfer was coming to Iowa.
Oh so you met y/n? She's great right?
Obviously she's great but why didn't I get a heads up from my supposed friend? And apparently she's a fan of mine because YOU told her to watch me.
I wanted it to be a surprise and of course I told her to watch you your the best.
Thanks for the compliment but you're still in trouble. I was completely blindsided and now we're roommates as well as teammates.
*Gasp* they were roommates.
Shut up Paige.
Ok ok I'm sorry I didn't tell you. Do you at least like her?
Yeah we work super well together on the court and she's nice and cute and determined.
The way you're talking it sounds like you don't have much to complain about. Anyway I gtg I have a call scheduled with y/n. I'll make sure to put in a good word for you.
Your close with her?
Uh I guess you could say that. Since she moved back to her home state we try to call once a week.
That's cool but don't talk about me. Knowing you you'll make her scared of me.
Alright I won't talk about you... much. Beeeeeep
She really just hung up on me.
I go into y/n's room to see only her. I ask where the girls went and she tells me they went home to shower and chill. Her phone rings and I inform her it's probably Paige. She checks and asks how I knew who it was.
"I just got off the phone with her and she said you guys have a call scheduled" I answer.
"Oh ok I didn't know you talked to her like that" y/n says.
"I didn't know YOU talked to her like that" I shoot back.
I let her answer the phone as I leave to grab some coffee.

*Y/n POV* *On Call*
Hey Paige. Are you doing ok without me?
Haha y/n I'm fine but how's Iowa treating you?
It's been amazing so far. The team, coaches, and Caitlin have helped a lot.
Speaking of Caitlin she tells me y'all are roommates. Is she being good to you?
Yes she's great and so much hotter in person omg I almost died when I first saw her.
I knew you would say that. After all I know your tastes better than anyone.
Just because we dated for a couple weeks doesn't mean you know everything Paige.
But I do kinda know everything. Why do you think I made you watch her on tv. Because she's just your type girl.
Ok calm down we just met yesterday and we're teammates.
So? We were teammates too.
And look where that got us.
That was different we were best friends before we started dating and we just work better as friends.
Can't disagree there we do make an awesome duo.
Are you gonna tell Caitlin we used to date. I bet she freaks when she finds out.
I might tell her after we get to know each other better.
Alright I gtg I've got a class to go too.
That sucks we don't start classes until tomorrow.
Ughhh your a loser. I'll talk to you next week.
Bye love you
Byeeeeee
We hang up and I walk out into the living room to watch some tv. About 10 minutes later Caitlin walks in the door with drinks.
"I got you tea since you said you don't like coffee" she tells me. I can't believe she remembered that.
"Thanks for thinking of me" I respond.
"Always" she says as she goes in her room.
It's been 2 days and I'm already completely invested in this girl.

*Note*
Leave comments for me plz🙏🏼