Part 11

*Y/n POV*
The team gathers in the hotel lobby at noon because our game isn't till 7. We load the bus to head to the gym to shoot around.
"How'd you sleep last night?" Caitlin asks me.
"Good but I had a lot of energy so me and Kate went on a run together" I answer.
"You went out at night? Let me go next time so I can protect you" she says as she places her hand on my thigh.
"I can protect myself but I guess you can come next time" I joke as I put my hand on top of hers.
When we get off the bus there are a ton of cameras flashing at us and a huge crowd of people surrounding us. Caitlin leads the group and grabs my hand so we don't get separated.
Even though me and Caitlin hold hands and kiss in public we haven't had any fans or any sort of media ask about us which is very surprising.
Once we make it inside we go over plays, shoot, and talk about the game. Coach Bluder gives us a big speech about teamwork and doing our best. We go back to shooting but as I'm watching Caitlin I can't stop thinking about how good she looks. I walk over to her and tell her to come with my quietly.
"Where are we going?" She asks me.
"Don't worry about it" say back.
When I find a supply closet I open it and push her in. She lands with her back to a shelf and I walk in and lock the door.
"Y/n what are we doing in here? We need to get ready for the game" she tells me.
"Shut up for a second" I say as I push myself against her and kiss her.
She doesn't respond right away because she's shocked but soon she follows my lead. I put my hands in her hair and open my mouth for her.
The kiss is passionate and desperate. She grabs me by the hips and gently pulls me away from her.
"Not that I didn't really like that, but what was that for?" She asks.
"I don't know I just felt like it. You looked hot out there just now" I respond.
"But I was just shooting. I'm always shooting" she says.
"And you're always hot too" I say back as I start kissing her again.
She forces me to open my mouth with a hand on my chin and after a while I feel her hands briefly brush my stomach under my shirt. She asks if it's ok and I tell her yes. She moves her mouth down my neck slowly and her hand reaches further up my shirt.
I'm about to tell her to just take it off when we hear a knock at the door. We freeze and stare at each other.
"Hey just so you know Coach is looking for y'all. I saw you guy come in here and though I would get you before Coach found you" Gabbie says through the door.
"Thanks Gabbie we'll be out in a minute" Caitlin responds as she lets her forehead fall on mine.
We quickly rearrange ourselves to look presentable and leave the closet.
"We'll finish this later" she says as we are walking to the locker room. I can't believe I started something like that. Like where did it come from? I try to calm down as we all begin getting dressed for the game.
***
There's currently 7 minutes left in the fourth quarter and we're losing by 5. Caitlin's on the bench getting a minute long rest while I'm on the floor.
I get a steal and run down to our basket for a layup. As I'm coming down from the layup a girl from the other team pushes me and I land wrong on my ankle. I try to get up but I can't. I can't put any pressure on it.
I'm so focused on my ankle I don't notice the trainers and some of my teammates surrounding me. They're asking me a bunch of questions but all I see is Caitlin rushing over and gently holding my foot.
"Can you walk on it?" She asks.
I shake my head no and she throws my arm around her shoulder and helps me limp to the training room where they can take a better look at my ankle. Caitlin wants to stay and make sure everything's ok but I make her go out and play.
"We'll win for you and I'll personally make that girl wish she never touched you" she says as she squeezes my hand and runs back to the court.
After they've checked my ankle they tell me it's a minor sprain and I need to rest it for 2 weeks.
I don't like it but I guess it could be worse. I hobble over to our bench to watch the rest of the game and I'm amazed.
There's 2 minutes left and the team has turned the game around. We're winning by 10 and Caitlin has 37 points. When I ask the players on the bench what happened they said Caitlin just went full psycho on them and made the girl that hurt me foul out.
When Caitlin sees me on the bench she lets out a sigh of relief and wraps the game up.
When we go to shake hands I see Caitlin grab the hand of that girl tightly and whisper something in her ear with a terrifying smile on her face. Once the girl gets to my hand she apologizes many times to me and quickly walks off.
"Babe, what did you say to her. You scared her shitless" I say as I slowly make my way to Caitlin.
"Oh nothing. Just that she better not touch my girlfriend again or I'll do worse to her than she did to you" she responds as she wraps her arm around my waist and helps me to the locker room.
*Caitlin POV*
When I saw y/n get hurt my blood boiled like never before. She couldn't even walk straight without my help. I wanted to beat the shit out of that girl but when I saw that y/n's injury wasn't too serious I let my game speak for me.
I don't know what I would do if she ever got seriously hurt. I want to always be there to protect her. Ugh I used to think this kind of stuff was cringe but look at me now. I guess I just had to fall in love to experience this. I think it's time I told y/n I love her.

*Notes*
I'm so sorry guys that's as far into smut as I can write. As I was writing it I cringed about 50 times. Lmk if it was absolutely terrible so I can edit it out😭

As always leave comments for me plz🙏🏼