Part 8

*Y/n POV*
It's currently Friday night after a home game. We just got back from celebrating with the team and we're both exhausted.
After we've both showered and gotten ready for bed, I ask Caitlin if she wants to sleep with me. I don't know why but I don't feel like being alone tonight and I kinda just want to talk to her.
She says yes and we head to my room. I turn on my purple nightlight and we get into bed.
"You sleep with a nightlight?" She asks me.
"Yeah I sleep with a different color each night" I tell her.
"Why don't you just stick with one color?" She asks.
"I don't know I just like to fall asleep to certain colors" I say.
Caitlin grabs my remote from the bedside table and turns on some ASMR. We watch the tv in silence for a couple of minutes.
"Hey" I say.
"Hey" Caitlin answers.
"Let's go on a trip somewhere" I say suddenly.
"What kind of trip? She questions.
"Nothing too crazy since we have practice and games. Oh I know let's go to a concert" I suggest.
"Who would you want to see?" She asks.
"How about Taylor Swift since I know you're a low key swiftie" I smile at her.
"Uh you know me so well" she fake faints.
We laugh and look for tickets on her phone. Once we bought them we turn everything off and try to sleep.
I guess our bodies are still pumping adrenaline because we can't sleep very well. We give up on sleeping at about 3am.
I turn to look at Caitlin and see her studying me.
"What?" I question her.
"I have a question but it's personal so feel free to not answer if you don't want to" she says.
"Just ask it. I don't have a problem with sharing personal stuff with you Caitlin" I tell her sincerely.
"Do you like girls?" She whispers.
Her question made me pause because I definitely thought it was obvious. Like how could she not tell?
*Caitlin POV*
After I ask y/n this she doesn't speak for a minute so I assume I crossed a line and I'm about to apologize when she bursts out laughing. It's like hysterical laughter. Once she calms down a little I ask what's so funny.
"I'm sorry it's just-just are you serious?" I ask "Obviously I like girls Caitlin. Don't you?
Now it's my turn to pause because I'm wondering if that's how most people see me.
"I don't really know" I answer in a mumble.
Y/n's smile fades and she looks at me seriously.
"I'm sorry Caitlin I didn't mean to assume or make you uncomfortable" she says.
"I'm not uncomfortable I swear but what made you assume I liked girls?" I ask.
"It was mostly how fast you were willing to help me. I mean you didn't seem too worried you were fake dating a girl" she answers.
I guess that makes sense.
"Yeah but I only agreed because it was you" I say without thinking.
When I realize what I said I look into y/n's eyes to gage her reaction. She's blushing and avoiding my eyes. It must be the nighttime vibes but I reach up and tilt her face toward mine. There's moonlight coming in through the window and y/n looks absolutely perfect right now. I place my hand on one of her cheeks.
"Caitlin what are you doing" she asks shakily.
"I don't know just let me please" I say.
She nods and I lean into her space. She blinks her eyes closed and I kiss her. It's slow and hesitant at first. She pulls away to look at me and I look down at her lips and we're kissing again. This time it's desperate and it lasts for a while.
Eventually we separate and stare at each other. I smile at y/n and she smiles back. We finally fall asleep in each others arms.
***
It's been 2 days since I kissed y/n and nothing else has happened. When I woke up before her that morning and freaked out and left the room before she woke up.
We still act like a couple in public and like friends in private. She's acting completely normal...like it meant nothing. It hurts a little bit that it was just a spur of the moment thing for her. That kiss made me realize that I actually like y/n. It's not just attraction but also her personality, her sense of humor, and her dedication.
It feels weird in a good way to have my first crush on a girl. It's like a weight is lifted off my chest. Even if nothing happens I'm glad that it's y/n that made me realize. It's not like I'm mad at her or anything just a little bit disappointed but I'm sure it will go away after a while.
*Y/n POV*
I'm absolutely losing my mind. Caitlin Clark kissed me. It's been days and I still can't think straight. The kiss was absolute perfect. It sounds cliche but I swear I saw literal sparks during that kiss.
Although I'm super happy about this I don't really know what to think. I mean when I woke up she had disappeared and when I found her she didn't say anything about it.
That night she said she didn't know if she really liked girls but then she kissed me. I'm assuming she's totally confused so I'm trying to give her some space. While I understand her I'm also confused because in the 2 days since it happened nothing has changed. I don't even mean for good like she hasn't lashed out about it either so it's like I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop. I really like Caitlin and even if nothing happens between us I truly hope she finds herself and is satisfied with who she is.

*Notes*
Disclaimer: I know nothing of Caitlin's sexuality in real life it's only for the story.

As always leave comments for me plz🙏🏼