Part 7

*Caitlin POV*
It's been a week since me and y/n started this whole fake dating thing. We basically act the same in private but in public we hold hands or I hold her by her waist or she puts her arm around my shoulder.
It's adorable to see our friends get more excited about us being "together" than we are.
However, something's changed in the past week with me. Now that I've seen how y/n would act toward someone she's dating, I want her to act like that even in private. The only thing that happens in private is cuddling.
This whole situation has really made me think. Do I actually like y/n or is it just that she's hot and has a great personality? It's confusing because I've never really liked a girl before. I mean sure I've found them attractive but never really had a crush on them.
Something feels different this time tho. As I keep thinking about it almost everyday I realize that I wouldn't mind dating y/n. I think I would actually prefer it instead of this pretend thing.
My brain hurts from thinking so I get ready for class and tell y/n that I'm leaving and that I'll see her later.
*Y/n POV*
I don't have any classes today so after Caitlin leaves I just chill in the living room. I'm watching some film when I get a call from Paige.
*on call*
Hey Paige
Hey y/n how's school so far?
It's petty good. Did you see our game last week it? Our team did awesome
Your guys where great. I was a little nervous there for a second tho
You and my both girl...I have something important to tell you
Woah ok serious mode on. What's up?
I tell her the whole story about the party,the rumors, and finally our fake dating plan.
...WHAT? You're in a relationship with Caitlin?
Girl did you not hear me? It's pretend
Are you positive that is all fake? There's no real attraction there?
Well obviously there's some attraction have you seen her? But I doubt she would ever see me like that. I don't even know if she real likes girls. She's just doing me a favor
It's probably not as unlikely as you think y/n. There's always a chance
Yeah but I don't wanna risk what we have now. I mean we're great together, she's funny, and I love being around her
Omg you're totally falling for her like hard
Shut up I would never tell her so it doesn't matter anyway
Y/n quit being a wimp from what you've told me it seems like she could like you too
But I can't know for sure and I'm happy how we are now. Anyways let's talk about something else. How's everything been going with you?
***
Me and Paige talk for about an hour and then she has to leave for a workout so we hang up. I decide to leave and grab me and Caitlin some lunch and when I get back to the dorm she's in the kitchen looking for something to eat.
"Hey I brought lunch for us" I tell her.
"Ugh you're a life saver. I'm starving over here" she says.
After we eat we go to Caitlin's room to let our food digest and cuddle. We watch some YouTube and Netflix and we fall asleep for a little bit.
Once we wake up I ask if she wants to go to the gym with me to put up some shots and of course she agrees.
We change and head to the gym. When we get inside we see that some of our teammates (Gabbie, Kate, Monika, McKenna, Sydney, and Hannah) are already shooting around.
We all decide to do some shooting competitions and then run some games. Me, Kate, Hannah, and McKenna are on a team and Caitlin, Gabbie, Monika, and Sydney on the other. We play first to 20 by 1's and 2's and my team loses by 3.
My shot felt off so I tell the other girls that I was just going to go spot on another goal by myself. I shoot for a while until Caitlin comes over to me and I notice everyone else left.
"How long has everyone been gone for?" I ask her.
"A while but you were so focused we didn't want to disturb your flow" she tells me.
"Oh thanks. I just felt like my shot was off in the game so I wanted to fix it" I explain.
"Show me your shot" she tells me.
I show her and ask if she sees what's wrong with it and she tells me to come closer. I do and we spins me around and my back it to her and her hands are on mine placing them where they need to be on the ball.
We're super close and my breathing becomes shaky. She's talking in my ear and giving me advice but I'm not listening. I'm thinking about her hands on me and how much I love her voice.
"Uh y/n are you ok? Do you understand what I told you" she asks me.
"Oh um yeah thanks for the help. Let's go home now" I say in a rush.
"Are you sure you want to?" she questions.
"Definitely" I say.
Once we get home I run to the shower and don't come out for an hour. Caitlin asks me if I'm ok and I tell her I'm fine.
I hole up in my room all day and try to forget what happened but when I try to sleep that night all I can do is dream of Caitlin.

*Notes*
I know this chapters a little slow but you gotta have slow chapter's to appreciate the story right?

As always leave comments for me plz🙏🏼