Part 4

*Y/n POV*

It's been 2 weeks since I moved into my dorm and Caitlin and I have been inseparable. Sometimes I hang out with Kate and Monika but I always end up right beside Caitlin. We know each others favorite color, about our families, and how we both got into basketball. Monika likes to joke that I'm stealing her bestie but I tell her the rights for my bestie are reserved.
Friday morning Kate texts us and tells us we're going to a party that night. Around 7 we all start getting ready for the party at 9. With four of us trying to get ready at the same time, it takes a while.
I straighten Caitlin's hair for her and she puts on a black dress. I let my hair fall natural and wear a purple crop top with black ripped jeans. Kate curls her hair and Monika puts hers in a bun. They both decide to go casual and wear nice tops with jeans.
Once everyone is done we all pile into Kates car who takes us to a house about 15 minutes away. Everyone gets a turn on aux and we sing very off key all the way there. It was so fun I don't even wanna get out of the car when we arrive.
"Are you ready for your first Hawkeyes party y/n?" Monika asks.
"I'm so ready" I reply as we walk into the house.
***
We're an hour into the party and it's so much fun. Most everyone's in the living room dancing or sitting around smoking and drinking. Me, Monika, and Caitlin are standing in the kitchen drinking juice since we have practice the next day. A couple of guys have tried to get us to go with them but we kept ignoring them until they left us alone. We're talking about how excited we are for our first game the following week when Kate races in the door telling us to come with her.
"What do you want Kate" Monika asks.
"Everyone's playing 7 min in heaven" she answers.
Isn't that a high school game tho?" Caitlin says.
It's not like y'all are doing anything better in here" she responds.
"Why not guys" I say "let's go"
We gather in the living room and sit in a circle. The games been going on for a minute but soon it's Monika's turn. She spins the bottle and it lands on a tall guy with brown hair and eyes. They walk into the closet and we all wait. When they came out Monika was laughing and the guy was smiling.
"What happened in there Mon" Caitlin asks.
"Nothing...we were just talking" Monika replies.
"Whatever you say" Kates says.
The game goes on for a while and the next thing I know it's my turn. I spin and it lands on Caitlin. I look at her to see her reaction and she quickly stands up and tells me to come on.
"So...what do you wanna do?" she whispers.
"I don't know but why are we whispering" I whisper back.
"It feels like we should be quiet" she says.
We sit there a little awkwardly for a minute before I start laughing.
"What so funny?" Caitlin asks.
"We're making this awkward for no reason. We're friends right let's just act normal" I tell her.
We are sitting on the ground tell each other stupid jokes when Caitlin starts messing with her hair. I crawl onto my knees to fix it for her when I topple over and almost land on top of her. I open my eyes (when did I close them?) and see we are super close together and I feel her hands on my waist holding me up. I can feel how strong she is and we just stare at each other when the door suddenly opens and everyone peers in at us.
"What's going on in here?" I hear Kate ask.
We hurry to separate and walk out of the closet. The game resumes but everyone keeps glancing at me and Caitlin.
"They totally think we just made out" I mumble to Caitlin.
"I know" she says nonchalantly.
About an hour later we all pile back into the car and drive home. I can tell Kate and Monika wanna ask Caitlin questions but won't while I'm with them.
They drop us off at our dorm and we say bye. Once inside I stop Caitlin and ask her what we should do.
"Just leave it they won't believe us even if we deny it" she shrugs off.
"Are you sure you're ok with it" I ask.
"Yeah no worries" she says as she walks into her room and shuts the door.

*Caitlin POV*

Oh.My.God. We almost kissed. I tried to act calm to y/n but I'm freaking out. I've never found a girl this attractive before. She seems ok so that's good but what do we do now. Everyone at that party saw us. There are definitely going to be rumors tomorrow. I'm used to rumors about me but I don't know how y/n's going to handle it.
I grab some clothes and head to the shower to clear the mind. My shower lasts a hour and I'm still confused. I've never had rumors about me and a girl but it's not like I actually like y/n, I just think she's super attractive right?

***
I wake up the next morning at around 9 and find that y/n isn't in the dorm. I see a note saying she has class but will be back before practice at 1 so we can walk over together. Everyone has class right now except me so I decide to go for a run and get ready for practice later.

*Notes*
I think it will start picking up a little bit next chapter!

As always leave comments for me plz🙏🏼