✾ XII : Land of Mists - 2 ✾

The desert was rumbling, all the sand looked like a boiling water as there were tiny sand mountains that were going up and down, down and up.

"I feel like to puke..."

No.

Control yourself, Jungkook. You are the Crown prince of Serendipity, what would happen if your people saw you puking at the middle of desert while they are fighting.

After some seconds, the boiling bubble burst out and what came out was scorpions. They were big enough as a human child of 1-2 years old. Not to mention they were many of them and spitting fire.

Fuck! Isn't this scorching heat enough for you?!

They are thousands of them, all big and spitting fire. We can't fight with them, it will take us so much time and on top of that our enough soldiers are injured and need treatment.

"Retreat! Fast! Use the poisonous dagger and protect yourselves!" Namjoon ordered and those who could hear were already retreating as fast as they can. I ran to opposite direction to soldiers who were still fighting and couldn't hear Namjoon's voice.

"You all go! I'll handle this!" I said as my blade slashed the body of scorpion into two parts. Luckily they can't regenerate.

"Chrips"

"Chrips"

What?!

The one I slashed just now was dead but it's body was like a shell and many little scorpions was coming out from it. Though they were little and weaker than the adult ones but still they are many in numbers.

By the time I looked at those soldiers, they already retreated and i sighed a breath of relieve and guarded them from behind.

But the problem was that they were not only coming from behind but all the directions. We can kill the snakes but the enemy's number is high and it became higher when they team up with scorpions.

"Don't kill them just burn the whole desert!"

They did as they were told and after some running and burning we eventually got out of the the misty area.
But problem didn't end here.

Some soldiers were killed and some are poisoned... Not some, majority was poisoned. We rested by a gaint rock that was protecting the heat of the Sun. The wincing and groaning voice were echoing in the place.

Many of the soldiers' skins even started to rott by the cause of the poison.

"I found this from the medicine pouch that Taehyung gave but only one person can take it." Namjoon showed a glass container, the glass was curved like a diamond and there was a red liquid inside of it. The glass was short to the height a finger.

"Atleast we can save a person? Let's check who is more poisoned and---" before i could finish my sentance, Yoongi stopped me and said,

"Hide it."

"What?"

"We can't show this to anyone."

"What do you mean? They are in pain, Hyung!"

"He is right." Namjoon said, agreeing to Yoongi.

"Huh?"

"We don't even know that this the correct antidote or will just slow down the poison and on top of that, This the only bottle and injured are many." Namjoon said.

The thirsty are many and there is only a single drop of water. Hunger and thirst can make a human beast, they will forget who is their friend or foe and fight for that drop even if it can't even wet their tongue.

These soldiers are still humans, some with powers and some with skills.

The poison is painful to death, it will burn, it will rott, it will make you beg for death until you really die.

"Do you still think they will watch this 'drop of water' wetting someone else's tongue in front of their eyes?" Namjoon asked helplessly. Seeing the expression of my face he hurriedly said, "It's not like i don't trust our men but...."

"There is no need to say more, he is not a kid anymore." Suga quietly said, stopping Namjoon to say any further. He took the tiny bottle from Namjoon and walked to me.

My mind was many thunders are roaring at the same time. I look up at him.

"The throne belongs to you means it's your responsibility to make decisions. We are here just to tell you the outcomes of you deed but the decision is yours." Yoongi handed the bottle to my hands.

"But we will still support you." He returned to the side of Namjoon, Namjoon nodded.

I turned behind and saw the painful scene of wincing soldiers. All their expression were ugly, but they were still with their brothers, friends and even fathers.

My gaze swift over to a crying soldier, he was crying mess with saying something the soldier who was silently watching him while laying on his lap. He even smiled.

They are the same soldiers, Kai and Soobin.

Soobin's half body was already rotten, he seemed to be more poisoned then others out here.

I walked to them with the bottle in my hand.

Kai looked at mme and said, "Your-Your highness...." His sentence was full of hiccups and sobs, it was like he was calling for me like child calls for a parent whenever they got injured.

My heart tightened.

"I have a temporary antidote." As i said this, the surrounding become somewhat cheerful. They all praised me but i stopped them and continued.

"But it is only for a person."

Dead silence.

"I think whomever is more poisoned will take this antidote, it will not cure the poison but can decrease pain and slow down the speed of rotten, Soobin is more injured then others."

No one said anything but the crawling beast could be seen in their eyes. Fortunately my voice is low so only some people can hear me. Other soldiers only know that Prince is discussing something with the soldiers.

"Soobin, it's your choice now, you can take it."

He sneered but then cough up a mouthful of blood that stained the cloth of Kai. Kai this time didn't cried, his expression was calm.

"Your highness, you shouldn't be so cruel to this servant of yours." He inhaled and continued,

"Giving a drop of water to thristy in desert will only make him more thrister."