✾ XIV : The Truth ✾

A sudden cry of a soldier followed by more

A sudden cry of a soldier followed by more. The crew scanned their surroundings apprehensively.

The great suspense was that when will their time come, to be grasped by the darkness as the voices of their companions were getting near and near by every moment.

Alarmed, they scattered around while one by one their companions were getting disappeared into thin air.

"Stop being a damn child! Be useful and ignite fire." Yoongi scolded as he gritted his teeth.

The 'children' flinched as they remembered the meaning of "useful" and ignited fire in their palm.

Blood shot eyes crawled back in the dark, the fire displayed their torn off bizarre clothes with dark skin revealing popping black as dark veins. All of these creatures had human-like shapes, hissed from the denser part of the forest.

These creatures....

"The Others " Namjoon informed.

It was needless to inform it in the first place, even a child knows about them.

According to the nature's rule, every living shall meet its demise and go to heaven or hell but the case is different with The Others.

The souls who couldn't let go of their desire after their death, bound themselves with the mortal world to complete their wish. The subject of the bound can be anything. Love for someone to an unachieved wish to have an obsession to kill someone.

But once a dead never gets to live again, just like this no matter how strong your obsession is, if you can't do something in your life then you can't do it after death either.

They don't have a sense of anything but their souls only remember their last wish and anguish before death. The Others can infect the living one into turning similar to them. However,

They can't be like this forever, maximum about 6 months and no one has ever entered here for more than decades. Then how can their souls still not leave their bodies?

"There are many of them here...." One said as he illuminated the surroundings of the forest and stopped at the familiar face of two-to-three soldiers. "This.... They also turned into them!"

The more time passed, the more these creatures outnumbered and tried to make us as themselves but thanks to the light of the fire and the moon that it kept them away.

"Let's just pick the flowers." Yoongi led everyone as he walked to the glowing tree, "It will take eternity to our destination if we stick here any longer."

"But we can't just ignore these creatures and do whatever you want---" Another soldier was cut by Yoongi.

"Did you leave your brain by your women's side or what?" The soldier flinched by being ridiculed.