✾ XVII : Pleasing ✾

Amidst the calamity of fate, these four brothers were tending all they got to take hold of the kingdom. But the one who was sweating the most was Kim Taehyung.

A king has a crown with numerous thorns, a cursed throne and a pair of wings that is being ripped every time by the tempest of the peoples. Everyone has their own thing in which they are willing to put their heart to it but the king has never given the choice to choose.

Keeping the promise of his sworn brother, Jungkook. Taehyung was trying all he could. The kingdom was in distress and the king was not on the throne, who knows from which corner, which enemy of them would try to hit the hot iron to attack.

Taehyung never got time for himself, always engaged with trivial matters which includes planting the remaining soldiers at the border, studying the cases with the female general assistant, Mun hee

"Who wrote these reports?" Taehyung asked with twitching eyes as he looked at the bizarre drawings of "brinjals" and "peach" on the report that said, 'List of recruitment soldiers".

"Probably His highness, Jimin." Mun hee replied in mild tone without even looking at Taehyung's direction

Being the oldest but Kim Seokjin was never interested in politics and what happens inside the kingdom and luckily not being born as the son by the King, he never even tries to interfere in the royal court.

But despite his ignorance, the female officals were fond of him by his handsome figure. That being said, Seokjin was infamous as a "handsome prince" between commoners with his lively personality.

Usually handsome royalties bear cold nature but this case is different because the one who spread the iconic nickname "handsome prince" is none other than Seokjin himself. The boy knows his potential.

As a person who loved his face more than anything, what picked Seokjin interest was quite peculiar. Weapons making. He just locks himself in his own palace and does experiments or makes weapons all day.

Jimin and Hoseok would do whatever they want to do, sometimes they would 'help' Jin or Taehyung himself and majority of time playing with the beauties.

"They are still child." Sighed Taehyung as he slid the document back to its place while picking a new plane document, probably to make another fresh list.

"Your Highness should take a break now." Mun hee stopped Taehyung as it was already midnight and the candle light was not too strong to illuminate the whole room. "You have been doing without sleeping, it will affect your health."

"Take a break? What an absurd excuse to be weak!" Taehyung scoffed underneath his breath. "I'll sure will, perhaps you should go and rest now." despite the contradictions in his brain, he wore a mask of elegance smile, he always have been.

Taken aback by the softness, even a stone heart like Mun hee's failed and flattered. "Certainly, then I may take my leave now. But I must say, you are being hard on yourself."

"Yeah, yeah , keep your fraud worries within yourself."

"Apologies, I made you worry." He feigned sincerity. The poor girl seemed more flatter witnessing the royalty apologizing to a mere subject and left after bowing for the last time.

Taehyung's timid smile gradually faded as she shut the door behind her. He doesn't need to hoax anyone within these four walls, he can and cannot smile, laugh, scream--- not scream, perhaps they will hear him--- by his own will.

He immediately stood from his table and walked to the corner of the room and opened a door which led to a hidden passage that led to outside of the palace. Putting a dark cloak on himself, he grabbed a torch and walked into the dark passage.

۞۞۞

“All preparation has been made, Your Highness, we are waiting for your command.”

“Excellent. You may start now, Yeonjun.”

With the consent of Taehyung, the young fellow whistled in the Sound Amplifier, made my non other than Seokjin, signalling to his other companions to begin the plan. In the dark night where even the Moon quivers under the blanket of clouds, no one will realise what this high pitched sound is, which will make the things easier to handle.

Having thought in his mind, Taehyung's eye lit suddenly, reflecting the scene unfolding in front of him. Fire raging in his eyes, his cloak fluttered and revealed his malignant hideous grin, which no one witnessed in their life.

“Tremendously pleasing.”

The palace was set on fire. One of the beauty of Serendipity was scorching ablaze under the cloudy dark sky of the night but the whole kingdom was illuminated in the light of the dancing fire.

Taehyung seemed to love the scene so much, that he wanted the embrace the fire to cool his heart down. His both limbs set hung in the air, he laughed, so hard that the whole kingdom seem to echo in his evil horrific laugh.

“This is the just a beginning” He exhaled furiously, beholding the sight of the fire as if a dragon swallowed the castle in it and extending it's monstorous tongue up to the heavens. Afterall the great of great palace was set ablaze, the burning orange river was the proof of it.

“Say, Yeonjun, do you still wish to follow me?” Said Taehyung, ignoring the screams of the peoples as he retreated his hands.

“Yes, My good sir, and I'm certain of it.” Yeonjun kneeled with his one leg and bowed down his head.

Taehyung grinned as if he knew the answer from the very start, “Very well then, my boy.” He turned and left the clock tower.

.

Taehyung returned to the street, changed his expression and helped a old lady to get up from the ground by being kicked by the distressed crowd. The old lady slowly and shivering, got up as he asked,

“Oh Good God, what on the earth happened here?!!”