Part 9

Maive's eyes widened, she was utterly confused and shocked. She stared at him blankly for a few seconds before slowly opening her mouth to say.

"You know, I don't know if I'm a prisoner or a guest here". 

"Well by the way you just tried to stab me with your sad little butter knife I'd say you already know the answer to that" he said twirling the dagger around in front of her. 

"So I am a prisoner" she asked. 

"Really, what was your plan?... Stab me then jump off the ship and swim back to the shore" he said ignoring her question completely.

It was only then she had realized that the ship was actually moving. She strode up to the window and saw through the stained glass that the land that stretched out was now getting smaller and smaller as the rocking of the boat now was turning her stomach along with the thought of never returning to the village again. But why was that making her feel uneasy she thought, she had wanted nothing more than to escape the stinky little village. She had never been so confused about so many things in her entire life. She spun around and looked at the Superior with disbelief. 

"Get dressed now, you look awful" he stated.

"Ouch" she replied calmly as she looked at her dirty ragged clothes. 

She looked at the pile of clothes sitting on table and then back at him, He was standing still as if waiting for something.

"Staying to watch the show are we" she smirked then scrunching her face at him.

"Get over yourself" he snapped. "I need to make sure your not carrying anything else on you"

Maive without saying a word stripped herself down and threw her clothes at him and pulled on her new garments over her arms and legs embracing the fabric so smooth and warm. She wasn't  used to such a style as the pants were straight and comfortable and the white fitted shirt wrapped tightly but was so soft and cozy. Lastly a jacket that was well fitted too, and was so warm and made so well. It was as if the clothes were made just for her. New neat clothes that made it easy for her to move in to breath in. She had almost forgot Harlen was standing right their observing her as she experienced it all. He spun her dagger around before shoving it in his pocket.

"I think I will hold on to this" he said smirking at her.

She scuffed at him then threw her arms up in the air.

"Now what" she spat out.

"Follow me" he said gruffly. 

Maive definitely did not trust him but there was something about that her blood boil yet was intriguing and curious all at once, so she obliged.