Part 13

Harlen locked eyes with Maive who was still waiting for an answer, something, anything to come out of his mouth. His head dropped to the floor and his breath became slow and hoarse. Finally he shook his head and raised it once more to look at Maive with his lips firmly pressed together. 

"Fine." he breathed.

"That tattoo, that symbol that you wear it is no ordinary mark." he said slowly.

She held up her hand and gently rubbed her collar wear the tattoo was as she listened intently.

"It means that you were marked at birth, marked because you have a very rare but very powerful type of blood. Healing blood." he spoke as though someone was listening. 

He continued,

"Your blood has the ability to heal the sick and injured, even those who are inches from death. One drop, one drop in the bodies system is all is required."

Maive's eyes widened, she was now clutching the fabric of her collar. Since birth she had possessed this... this secret. She hadn't even known anything about her birth or her origin. She had been raised by an old and disagreeable woman who always reminded Maive how much of a troublesome burden she was ever since she was left at her door step. Actually Maive had mostly raised herself by learning at an early age that she would have to rely on herself to survive. The old woman always treated Maive as a bad smell that always lingered around and that she could never get rid of. By the time Maive had grown old enough to start asking hard hitting questions about were she came from the woman was to shrewd, to old and senile to remember. But now Maive finally new what the symbol meant.