Chapter 1: Birth of a Symbol

Chapter 1: Birth of a symbol

In a hospital in Japan, there was a green haired woman who gave birth to a healthy baby boy. By her side was a man with strange but good looking hair, and to her right was an older woman with a similar hairdo to hers. The woman looked to her husband.

"Toshi, our baby boy is so beautiful," Inko said.

"He has your eyes, and Toshinori's hair," the other woman said.

"Can I hold him?" Toshinori asked, looking at the baby boy, with joy in his heart.

Inko nodded at her husband and smiled. She then handed the baby boy over to Toshinori. The baby took Toshinori’s hand and gently squeezed it. Toshinori smiled.

"He is here," Toshinori said.

"Ba ba ba!" the boy said repeating him

Toshinori then poked Izuku's nose as Izuku then bopped Toshinori in the nose as he squeezed it.

The older woman chuckled. 

"Looks like he may inherit his father's strength in the future," she said. 

This woman was known as Nana Shimura, the hopeful hero, Paragon. She retired in order to spend more time with her daughter Inko.

"What do you think you'll call him?" Nana asked.

Inko and Toshinori then looked at each other and smiled.

"I was thinking... Izuku." Inko said.

Nana smiled at that name. 

"That's a beautiful name," Nana said.

She hugged the both of them and smiled.

4 years have passed since that fateful day. Izuku was now an excited 4 year old who admired heroes. From their costumes, to their quirks, basically everything. Today was his 4th birthday. The young boy was awakened by the voice of his grandmother.

"Wake up little guy!" she said

The sheets were moved, revealing Izuku in a onesie of his favorite hero, All Might, The No 1 hero in Japan.

“Is it morning already grandma?” Izuku asked.

Nana nodded and smiled at her grandson.

"Certainly is," Nana said as she picked him up, "Are you excited about your quirk little guy?"

"Uh huh," Izuku said, "When I get it, I'll be a great hero like All Might!"

"You sure will! What do you think your quirk will be like?" Nana asked him. 

"Hmmm... I don't know. Maybe super speed or super strength! Or maybe... super nerd!" Izuku said. 

"I think that's just Katsuki calling you a super nerd." Nana told him.

"Yeah! He said it would be my hero name! Super nerd!" Izuku said with enthusiasm.

Nana couldn't help but chuckle at her grandsn's enthusiasm. 

"Well let's get some breakfast, your mama is cooking something special for ya."

"Yay!" Izuku said. 

Nana brought Izuku down to the kitchen where Toshinori and Inko were sitting. 

"Mornin' Papa and Mama!"

"Happy birthday little guy!" Toshinori said.

"Well there's my little Izuku!" Inko said as she pecked him on the cheek.

Izuku giggled a bit and gave his mother a hug.

"Are you excited to see what your quirk is gonna be?" Asked Inko.

"Yeah! I'm so excited I can explode!!!" Izuku shouted.

"Before that, I made you a little something for your special day," Inko said. 

She turned his attention to some All Might shaped pancakes with chocolate chips on them. 

"Pancakes!" Izuku said. 

"Yep pancakes," Inko said with a smile.

The three adults watched as Izuku chowed down on his food making a bit of a mess. Inko giggled at her son.

“Now now Izuku you should slow down,” Inko said with a smile.

"Sorry Mama, I just really love your pancakes."

"I know, sweetie. But please! Slow down! At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if your quirk is Saiyan!" Inko noted.

"Ok," Izuku said with a smile.

After eating, Izuku got washed up and put on some regular clothes. Toshinori patted him on the head. 

"So are you ready to see what quirk you have?" Toshinori said. 

"Heck yea!" Izuku said as he jumped in the air. 

However something was wrong. He was still in the air.

"Is this a freeze frame or are you actually floating?" Nana asked.

"Uhhhh, I think I'm actually floating," Izuku said. 

Realization suddenly came to him,

"HOLY SHISKABOBS!!! I'M FLOATING!!!" Izuku shouted. 

After all of that, the family got in the car and drove to the hospital. There, met with their doctor who was an old skinny man with rectangle glasses.

"So uh... you're here to discover this young man's super power?" Asked the doctor.

"Yes sir." Inko said. 

"Well, since he's already shown signs of his quirk, I think I should just skip to how this power works. It's a basic telekinesis quirk. Meaning that he can fly and attract and repulse objects. While not impressive at first, most of the best superheroes usually start off with a not so strong quirk but find multiple ways to use said quirk! I believe he'll be a great hero!"

Izuku could only sit there with an excited expression on his face.

"Now. Young man, if you're truly thinking of becoming a hero, don't let some idiot talk you out of it. Ya hear?" Asked the doctor.

"Yea" Izuku replied.

"And always remember. A heroes job is never easy. With great power comes great responsibilities." The doctor told him.

“Yea!” Izuku repeated,

"Now, get out there and be the hero you were meant to be!"

“YEAA!!”

At that, Izuku, Inko, Nana and Toshinori all walked out of the doctors office, satisfied with their answer.

"Excelsior!" Said the doctor.