Kenshi Jotaro Origins Part 2

For the last few years, Winry was living the life of a high class woman, and lived in a very rich mansion. Her husband had servants attend to her, giving her anything she needed. Soon she found herself pregnant with her first child, and gave birth to him. She would spend every minute by his side.

"I think I'll name him, Kenshi," Winry said.

She gave Kenshi her maiden name Jotaro. Whereas she would show him love and compassion, Howard would be more strict with him, disciplining him for even the slightest act of disobedience. Winry was not approving of how harsh he was towards Kenshi, believing everyone makes mistakes. Howard however disagreed with her thinking Kenshi should be perfect with every single detail.

When Kenshi turned 4, Winry snuck him out of the mansion and brought him to a quirk doctor. It was time to see what kind of quirk he would have.

"Well mrs Norstein, you should be proud," the doctor said, "Your son has a very unique quirk."

"Really?" Winry asked.

"Yep! It seems like he has a very strange and unique quirk. He has the ability to summon fictional weapons." The doctor noted.

"Really?" the 4 year old boy asked.

"Yes," The doctor told him, "Try and think of one right now."

Kenshi thought about something. When he was younger he played a Zelda Game and looked at the master sword thinking it was cool. He thought of that very sword and it magically appeared in his hand.

"Whoa! So cool!!" he said.

"Very cool," the doctor said, "You will be a great hero with that quirk."

"Hero? What's that?" Kenshi asked scratching his head.

This shocked the doctor AND his mother.

"Oh... uh... strange. Normally kids your age would be esthetic about being a hero at your age." The doctor noted.

Heroes are people that use their superpowers to help people, and encourage them to follow their dreams," Winry said with a smile.

"That's right! And with a quirk like yours, you can be one of the best!" The doctor told him.

Kenshi smiled at those words.

"I... I want to be a hero!" He said.

At this, Winry and Kenshi were happy with their visit and was on their way. The doctor then took his glasses off.

"I'm getting too old for this." He said. "A kid who's never heard of super heroes. What's next? A kid not believing they can be a hero without a super power?"

Later on, Winry took Kenshi back home. As they opened the door, they saw Howard sitting on a chair.

"And where have you two been?" Howard asked, "His study session began 1 minute and 35 seconds ago and he's late."

"We lost track of time," Winry made up an excuse.

"Now where were you?" Howard asked.

"I took Kenshi to see the quirk doctor." Winry explained.

"A quirk doctor, hmm? Well I hope he hasn't learned any new words that he's not supposed to." Howard said.

"Of course not," Winry said.

"What I did learn about is heroes," Kenshi said, "He said I have a quirk that's gonna make me a hero. When I grow up I'm gonna be the best-"

SLAP

Kenshi then fell to the floor as he started screaming from being slapped by his Father.

"HOWARD!" Winry shouted, "WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?!"

"THAT word right there! That was the word I didn't want him to learn!" Howards shouted. "Heroes have NO place in this household!"

"But I-"

"No buts!" Howard stated. "Now, you're late for your studies!" He then started dragging him away.

Later on Kenshi was in his room doing his studies. Worry and anger filling her eyes, Winry went to her so-called husband's room.

"What was that all about?"

"What do you mean?" Howard asked.

"You just slapped your son and dragged him by his collar!" Winry retorted.

"Because he was following something that goes against my beliefs," Howard stated, "He should not be worshiping heroes."

"Worshipping?! You're comparing heroes to gods or something?! He just looks up to them and wants to be one himself!" Winry told him.

Kenshi was put on this earth for one thing and one thing only," Howard said, "To take over the company when I retire. Not dwadle in something as pointless as herowork."

"P-pointless?!" Winry asked.

"Exactly. Heroes are nothing more than costume wearing phonies that play pretend. And there shall be no talk of heroes in this house. No playing heroes, no talking about heroes, and no even thinking about heroes! Do I make myself clear?"

"Clear as a mountain of shit! You're really going to take away our sons childhood for some stupid company?!" Winry shouted, "The Yaoyorozus probably have more of a successful company than you'll ever-"

Before she could even finish her thought, Howard stood up and backhanded his own wife and she fell to the floor.

"Don't you ever disrespect my company again."

He walked out and slammed the door. At this, Winry just sat on the floor and hugged her legs as she cried into them. She missed her old life, and her old family. She didn't want her son to be forced to be someone he wasn't.