Chapter 7 Betrayal

𝐃𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐠𝐞𝐧𝐭

𝐵𝑒𝑡𝑟𝑎𝑦𝑎𝑙

*In editing*

Please be warned that this book has vulgar language read with caution!!

After standing up, you wiped your tears away with your sleeve. With an exasperated huff, you swung open the door. You trudged your way to the bathroom.

You tore off a piece of toilet paper, held it up to your nose, and blew. You gave the mirror a quick glance.

Your face was swollen and flushed. You gave yourself a small smile.

"I'm getting out of here, or I'm getting killed trying." As you pulled and prodded your face, you muttered to yourself.

You raised an eyebrow when you heard a knock at the door and shakily extended your hand.

"(Y/n)..." You recognized the voice of a young woman. Your eyes widened, Daniela? You gulped, thinking how strange these girls were.

"Open the door (Y/n)" Her voice cooed at you. What would happen if you turned on the water? The fact that you had to speak with her wasn't worth the risk. The last encounter wasn't your favorite first impression. As you pondered your interaction from yesterday, you shivered.

You quickly turned on the water as you reached for the sink. Maybe she'd think I was taking a shower. I could only hope; you could hear her start to knock on the door.

"Come on (Y/n), it's not fair." You grew closer to the door. "I just want to talk, I promise." She groaned as she tried the door knob. You sighed. I hope I can trust her.

Returning to the sink, you shut off the water. As soon as you flung open the door, you caught her gaze. Her fingers encircled your wrist as she drew nearer.

"Hey-" You spoke as she dragged you off and led you to a door. It was the library when she opened it. She swung around to face you. You shifted your weight onto one leg as you twirled your hair around your finger.

Daniela reached for your face. She moved a strand of hair from your face. She cocked her head and grinned. She looked at your face with a sad expression.

"You love Ethan, don't you?" Your eyes widened as a result of her frown. What? You laughed as you shook your head.

"No, no, it's not like that." You said you were moving your eyes around the room. A large open platform had pillars lining either side of it.

"So what is it then?" She inquired, and you turned to face Daniela.

"Ethan's been my best friend since birth pretty much." While touching your face, Daniela's eyes grew wider. You shifted uncomfortably.

"You know, I could tell you everything." As Daniela drew nearer, she grinned, and you hesitantly took a step back.

"Everything?" Would she really? She wasn't exactly your ideal friend or anything, so how can you tell if you can trust her? She pushed you and you fell into the couch.

She climbed on, "As long as I get to have you." You jumped when she leaned toward your ear.

"Hold on!" The sound of the door opening interrupted you. You glanced in that direction and noticed Ethan.

"(Y/n), get behind me!" he commanded as he brandished his gun at Daniela. You sprint behind him.

"Get out of here immediately!" You nodded in agreement because you knew this fight wouldn't go well, and I wasn't planning on staying to see it out.

As you fled the room, shots were fired. You clenched your hands over your ears—I'm going to the duke.

Thankfully, Alcina or her other two daughters were not visible as you descended the stairs. You recall how Ethan guided you earlier.

When you got close to the door and opened it, the Duke was there. His gaze changed as you sat down after giving him a brief smile.

"What brings you in here (Y/n)?" How did he know your name? You shrugged it off and asked, "Why's this place so weird?" You admittedly had no idea why you had come here when you asked him that.

But I guess it's irrelevant at this point.

"Look, I'm not taking you out of this castle." Even though you didn't want to leave, you knew Ethan would be furious when he heard this news as you looked up at him.

"You'll be taken by Alcina anyhow, so I'll just let Ethan know that I picked you up and that you're safe." He shot you a fake smile, and your eyes widened.

"You can't do that!" He laughed

"Oh, but I can."

"That's lying to Ethan, and Alcina will not be taking me," you declared after standing up. The Duke rolled his eyes as you yelled.

"You shouldn't be in this place; Ethan was right." He paused as he grabbed your wrist. "You ruined everything," As he stood up and began to speak, you began to beg.

"Let me go!" As the duke dragged you from the room, you made an effort to retract your arm.

"Don't do this, please!" Tears streamed down your face. This couldn't be happening.