1

POV GULF

"Good morning Mom, how......" before I could finish speaking, my mother threw a glass at me that fell directly on my head. "Get out of here, idiot, I'm drinking, don't you see?", my mom said as she poured herself a little more in her glass.

Without answering, I go up to my room shedding a few tears while I hold my head in the place where it was bleeding, I grab the first-aid kit, I start looking for what I can put myself there and what I can take for the pain.

I'm consistent that I don't know anything about medicine but there I once heard what pill to take for a headache, it was getting late for me to go to the university, so I left that place and just rinsed it off with water and I shot towards the downstairs.

My mom was in the same place I had left her and I just say goodbye to her, but she doesn't even flinch, so I just walk out with my head down.

Walking towards the university I start to think about what my life is like since I was born I knew that it had not been planned, my parents were the ones who used drugs and lived on the street, when my mother found out that she was pregnant she was about to abort me, as I know because she told me when I was 7 years old, she did tell me without caring that I was still a good boy, my father also became desperate but he didn't say anything, so my mother thought they should have it, so she didn't insist that day and well, the months went by and I came into the world.

But my arrival was not a blessing as some say it is when a baby comes into the world, for my parents it was a total curse, my father was at least responsible? Or well I think so, he tried to get away from drugs so he could give me a better place, but my mother didn't cooperate by filling the place with drugs, my father used to go to work all day and sometimes he didn't come home because he filled the house with these substances and for my father it was a provocation and he did not want to fall into it, which the next day turned into total chaos.

When I was 4 years old I learned to clean myself and change and even to be able to prepare something to eat, one day when I was 5 years old my father took me to play in a park for the first time, it is the last memory he gave me, that day I remember that he hugged me and played with me all day, then he sat me down and started talking to me and asking for forgiveness, I remember that he told me that he was going to come back for me when I have a better future but that I was brave and resisted a little longer, I was five years old I didn't understand what he was telling me so I just managed to feel.

My father didn't let go of me during that night, he hugged me and kissed me as if his life depended on it, for the first time in my short life I felt loved, so I fell asleep, it was a bad idea to sleep because I couldn't find him when i woke up. I got up and found a note stuck on my pillow, at that age i couldn't read obviously so i put it away and left my room, it was also a bad idea to leave there because i saw my mother standing there throwing everything at me around.

And......

Before my short words were spoken clearly, a blow to my cheek made me shut up instantly.

"This is all your damn fault, your father abandoned us, you will be happy right, it is the worst thing that has happened to me in my life and you will always be the worst mistake I have ever made".

She didn't care what I felt at that moment, she pushed me making me hit my head a bit, I started crying and ran out of there, she started to go down the stairs when I fell and then I saw some hands lift me up.

"Little one, you're fine," said that person, looking at me.

I could not answer because at my young age I did not know how to speak very well and I had never been to a garden, but it was not necessary to speak since that person ran down the stairs and took me directly to his apartment, I saw how she took out several first-aid kits until she approached me, I just managed to look at her, while she was crying I didn't know why she was doing it so I just managed to wipe her tears with my little hands, when she finished she hugged me so warmly that I cried and I remembered the paper that my father left me and I gave it to her, she did not understand.