Chapter Ten

PHILIP

PHILIP

My head was hurting, most likely from the alcohol I had drank last night. The last thing I could remember was looking at a wall full of snacks. But even then, that was a hazy memory. Why was I remembering snacks? Was I still in the castle?

I began to stand up and was expecting myself to be in my small apartment. However, I saw something else.

"When did I ever get chiffon curtains?" I asked myself. I scanned the room and knew that this wasn't my room. My apartment isn't this elaborate. It's too fancy. This looks like I'm in...

...the castle.

I quickly sat up and began to panic. I was still wearing my attire from last night. I looked to my left and saw a bag of crackers there. But I don't remember eating that. My right hand felt weird. When I looked at it, I saw some sort of crust on it. I brought my hand to inspect it.

It's not food. Nor is it any sort of stain. It almost looks like dried snot. Then it hit me. I know what it is.

"Oh, ew! What the fuck!" I yelled. Who the fuck did I jerk off!! I unbuckled my pants and checked the inside of my briefs. There isn't anything there. No crust or anything. So that confirms it's not mine.

Despite how comfortable the bed was, I needed to get out of here. First, I looked around and saw a bathroom in the room. I walked in there and washed my hands in the sink. I slipped on my shoes and walked to the door. The hallway was empty. I exited the room, making sure not to make too much noise.

The light from the morning sun illuminated the halls. Strangely, I feel safe here. If given the choice, I would love to live here. I found the spiral stairs and descended them to reach the foyer.

I can't exit through the front entrance. It's like a walk of shame. Luckily, my phone, which managed to stay in my pocket, has my ID. All I have to do is scan it and exit through the back entrance of the kitchen.

It's foolproof.

And plus, I could get some breakfast. Staff have the option to get food from the kitchen for all their meals and snacks.

As I reached the kitchen, which was mostly empty, I walked in and began to walk slyly. I found the pantry that I had remembered earlier. I entered it and began to search for something to eat. Finally, I decided on a packet of mochi.

"Oh shit!" I yelled when I entered the kitchen and saw the king sitting on the counter.

"Good morning to you too." He said. I took in his outfit. He wore a blue t-shirt with his name stitched on his right chest. His pajama pants, which were dark blue, had little crowns on them. And he had on black slippers.

Enough of me gawking at him.

"Uh, good morning, your highness." I bowed then stood back up.

"What you got there?" He asked. I saw him eat a biscuit, similar looking to the one we once had a squabble over.