Chapter Thirteen

ALARIC

ALARIC

There was a small smile spread on my face as I recalled the small moment I had with Philip. Mother noticed this and questioned me about it.

"What's got you smiling like that? I haven't seen you smile like that since you burnt those roses." Mother said, sipping her tea while checking up her emails.

"Nothing. Just... stuff." I replied.

"Well, that 'stuff' really has you in a trance. And you rarely get that happy. Whatever it is, keep it around." Mother said.

My alarm began ringing. "I'll keep that in mind. I have to go." I said, standing up from the table and making my way to the car that was ready for me at the valet. I hopped in and told the driver where I wanted to be taken.

The gates opened and the car began to drive me down the street, away from the castle. The car drove for a few minutes into the direction I wanted it to go in.

It's Saturday today. Most of the workers are at home, off work. I snooped around my mother's room and managed to find the file on Philip. There was his address and all his personal information.

"Your majesty, we're here." The driver said. I looked out and saw the apartment building, one of the more modern ones located in the gentrified districts of our capital city.

The driver opened the door for me and I got out. I walked to the front door and was let in (of course) and went up the elevator. I looked down at my phone and checked which floor I needed to go to and which room number it was.

Found it!

The apartment he was located in was at the end of the hallway. I knocked on the door and waited a while for someone to open.

"Alaric?!" Philip said when he opened the door. He had a towel on his waist and his hair was dripping with water.

"Hello, Philip." I said, eyeing his body. Philip turned red and coughed.

"It's Saturday. Why are you here?" Philip asked.

"I'm here to check out your place. Move." I said. Philip stepped aside as I walked in and stood in his living room.

"Would you like water? Or a coffee?" Philip asked from behind me.

"I"m good. Though maybe you should get changed." I said. I heard his feet walking away to a room while I stood around, looking at his apartment.

He had what could be described as a normal apartment. A couch, television, a few pictures, and of course, some plants. I walked up to a picture frame and saw a picture of what could be described as a little Philip next to a woman smiling.

The two stood in front of the flower shop that Philip owns. The sign 'Under New Management' was hanging under the name of the shop.

"Your highness!" Philip said. I turned around and saw him bowing then turning back up. "What can I help you with today?" He asked.