Chapter Fourteen

PHILIP

PHILIP

"YOU AND KING ALARIC ARE DATING?!" Both Chloe and Louis shouted at me. The two still had shocked expressions on their faces. I'm guessing them walking in on their friend making out with the supreme power of the country must've been a shocker to them.

"Keep it down, you idiot!" I shushed them. "No, we're not dating!" I told them.

"So what was that whole thing on your bed?! Were you two just bored and decided to kiss out of nowhere?!" Chloe asked.

"It's not like that, Chloe." I replied.

"So what is it then? Seems like the two of you like each other." Louis said.

"It's... weird to explain. We both like each other. Alaric wants to do couple things with me. But he's scared." I explained.

"You called him Alaric. Not king. Oh shit! You two are falling for each other!" Louis said.

"Maybe. We're still trying to figure it out. But I think it's going in that direction." I said. My two friends squealed and both hugged me.

"This is so adorable! No more one night stands! You can finally settle down!" Chloe said.

"Wait a minute? How did you two get into my apartment?" I asked, remembering that they were able to see both Alaric and I making out on my bed.

"You don't remember? A few weeks ago when you were drunk you gave me your spare house key as a gift." Chloe said.

"Ohhhhhh! That's right!" I chuckled to myself.

"Anyways. We brought food over! We're going to eat this and you're going to give us the timeline of everything!" Louis said.

We all sat on my couch, eating food as I described everything about my time with Alaric. I made sure to exclude anything that might be too explicit. I just described the small glances and interactions we had.

After my story, the two were still shell-shocked. They couldn't believe that I am in a relationship with Alaric.

Monday came and I have yet to hear anything from Alaric. The queen called me to let me know that my contract has been extended and I'm an official worker, not just a temporary one. Meaning that my pay has been raised.

So that's good. I can send more money to my store and ramp up production of roses more. Demand for roses has been increasing now that we're a few months into the ban. Should Alaric ever find out, he'll have me prisoned and possibly executed.

"Good morning, Philip!" Gabriel, one of the main cooks, greeted me.

"Morning, Gabriel!" I replied. He handed me a tupperware with food inside.

"Here's your lunch. By the way, the king is requesting you." He said.

"Me? But it's still morning. Why does he need me at this time?"