Chapter Eighteen

PHILIP

PHILIP

My friends, Chloe and Louis, sat with me at the small table outside where the royal gardens were at.

"I never pictured myself being inside the castle. This is amazing!" Chloe said.

"I know right! You're so lucky, Philip!" Louis replied.

"Thanks. It's still a little weird to be here and not be working." I said.

"You only live with Alaric during the week. But what about your flower shop? Are you going to sell it or give it to Bram?" Louis asked.

"Of course not! That shop is part of my family's legacy. I'll probably ask someone, maybe Bram, to move here permanently and look after the shop. I'll just deal with the managerial stuff on the side." I replied.

"Just expect to get busy being the king's husband soon." Chloe teased.

"I don't know about that. We've only just slowly begun to move in. I think marriage is so far out of the question."

Chloe slowly sipped her tea. "Still, it's so easy to see that he's smitten with you. I'd be on the lookout for a proposal some time soon."

"For now, I'll just be a supporting boyfriend. That seems to be my main job these past few weeks." We all chuckled.

I looked down at my phone and saw it was now 13:30.

"Sadly, I need to end this chat. It was great to catch up with you guys." I said.

"Anything for you, Phil. Are we still on for Saturday?" Louis asked.

"Sure. I'll meet you there! Now if you'll excuse me, I have a meeting to get to." I said. We said our goodbyes and I entered the castle while my friends were escorted by a guard. I climbed the stairs and walked through the grand halls of the castle and made my way to Alaric's office where I knocked on his door.

Three quick knocks and one louder one.

"Come in!" Alaric yelled. I carefully opened the wooden door and poked my head in.

"Are you clothed?" I asked.

"It was one time, Philip!" Alaric replied. I stepped in and closed, and locked, the door behind me.

"Chloe and Louis just left. Is it fine if I hang out with them on Saturday?" I asked Alaric.

"Why are you asking me, Philip? I'm not holding you hostage here. Just tell me where you want to go and I'll send a car."

"Got it." I said. I walked over next to Alaric's desk and looked at all his paperwork. "Do these words not bore you?" I asked.

"They're actually quite interesting. I enjoy reading these." He said.

"Have you tried reading something like, oh I don't know, Percy Jackson or Harry Potter?" I jokingly asked.

Alaric looked at me. "I'm a professional. Not a child." He stated.