twenty three

warnings: VERY brief talk of murder, dism*mberment, r*pe (no detail, just words)

𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢 𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎

'The Wolf'

.

.

Abby sat at her desk, glancing occasionally around the room at the other people on her team. She had spent the last few months in this weird, halfway state. She wasn't quite sure of her place on the team (or rather the acceptance of it). JJ, Hotch, Rossi and Garcia had forgiven her (for the most part) and Blake didn't know her well enough to be angry or hurt - but Abby could tell she judged her for the decisions she'd made, but mostly the impact it had had on Spencer. Abby had spoken to Garcia after her first case back and, just as she had suspected, the older blonde had told her that she was just grateful to be able to see Abby again - people rarely returned from the dead. 

Her relationship with Morgan was too slowly starting to feel some type of 'normal' again. She would sometimes catch his eye when he thought she wasn't looking, and he would be staring blankly at her, almost like he was trying to figure out if she was real. He didn't necessarily forgive her, it was clear to Abby that he was still cautious; understandably so, she had hurt him in the worst way that she could've hurt Morgan - by making him feel like he'd failed her.

And Spencer. Their 'relationship' felt like pulling teeth. She was making no progress; she soon discovered his kindness wasn't forgiveness, not even a hint of it, it was complacency.

She had dyed her hair again, she had gone back to a brown; her natural blonde felt too much like a life that she didn't want to remember but the ginger felt like a life she didn't want to relive.

"Laurens, Morgan, Reid." Hotch's voice interrupted Abby's daydreaming. He was calling them from the doorway into his office but he hadn't stopped to wait for them to even acknowledge him - he just turned straight back into his office. 

Abby put her pen down slowly as her, Spencer and Morgan all shared a very confused look. 

"Have we got a case?" Abby asked with a slight nervous twinge to her voice. She pushed her chair out hesitantly, not particularly wanting to go into Hotch's office - something that didn't involve the whole of the team was rarely good news.

Morgan shrugged as he held his arm out to indicate for Abby to walk out first. She smiled, quietly thanking him.

"I don't think so. Garcia hasn't come out of her office." Spencer said over his shoulder as the three agents made their way up the stairs to Hotch's office.