forty five

𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚢 𝚏𝚒𝚟𝚎

two ghosts
part two

.

.

Spencer desperately tried to pair the voice to a face, not because it was bothering him but because he needed the upper hand. Whoever it was wasn't phoning to check in. If he asked the obvious question, 'Who is this?' Spencer would've shown his hand, and it wasn't a good one.

"D'you know, I'm rather glad you answered. Do you remember me, Spencer?"

Spencer looked to the bathroom where Abby was, conveniently yet unintentionally, hiding. He kept the phone close to his ear, covering up the mic as much as he could; he spoke in a calm whisper trying to stop Abby from hearing.

"Of course I do."

"Are you lying to me?"

"No." Spencer answered quickly. He knew he could figure out who the voice belonged to he just needed to hear him speak more.

"Good. I don't like liars. Suppose that makes sense that I really don't like your girlfriend; I mean, that was one hell of a lie she told and yet, you're still screwing her? Have you got no self-respect, Agent?"

"It's Doctor-"

"Doctor. Yeah I know." The voice finished his sentence with him. "He warned me you might do that."

Spencer was mentally making notes of importance, the second he hung up this phone he would be calling the team. He tried to be as quiet as he could, he walked slowly to his desk and took the chair from it. He lifted it high above his head and edged slowly across his room.

"Who's he?" He said quietly. Spencer gently pushed the top of the chair underneath the door handle. He felt cruel locking Abby in the bathroom when she was distressed but he needed to keep her safe for as long as he could.

"Oh you know him rather well. I'm just doing him a favour because he's...incapacitated at the moment but he sends his love, to both you and Abigail. He does wish he could join us."

"Us?"

Spencer jumped at the loud sound of knocking deep in his apartment; it was coming from the front door.

"Oops, better get the door, Doctor Reid."

Spencer hung up Abby's phone and threw it back on the bed. The door handle rattled.