the finale I

𝚏𝚒𝚏𝚝𝚢 𝚘𝚗𝚎

the finale
part one

.

.

Abby couldn't stop herself from searching the room for Spencer. She knew, of course, that he wasn't going to be there but there was still a part of her that thought he would be sat in his usual seat.

"Laurens." Hotch said gently, drawing everyone's attention to the brunette. She didn't react, she didn't know what she was supposed to do now. Professionally, she knew they had the best shot - Luke knew what to do, the team knew what to do and they had Garcia which immediately put them at an advantage. But, personally? She had no clue.

She was scared. And she was lost. Completely and utterly lost. When she joined the BAU, she had the prospects of a new job; when she became comfortable in her job, she had her team - her friends, her family; even when she was back in Iraq she had the promise of one day going home. Hope. She always had hope. But now, she wasn't exactly sure what she was hopeful for. Her job was destroying her, her past was haunting her friends and she didn't feel at home anymore.

"Is he -" She whispered, pointing to Garcia's laptop.

"Ah yes, he is here." Garcia replied, placing the laptop in the centre of the table.

"You okay, Kid?" Morgan asked gently, his hand resting on her shoulder. He could see the exhaustion in her eyes, they all could.

"Mhm." She nodded tearfully. "We're going to get him back."

'Because I won't survive it if we don't.' She added silently. She looked at Hotch, waiting for him to take the lead with Luke but his patient look told her that he was leaving it down to her. She nodded gratefully, the tears growing thick in her throat again. Hotch's trust in her was the vote of confidence she needed.

"Luke, did Corren ever speak of his childhood?" Not that Spencer had ever left her thoughts, but her mind turned to him once again; she knew that he knew that she was coming. She just hoped Corren was playing by the rules of the man who made him who he was.

"Yes, occasionally. But never in detail. Why?"

"He's a psychopath. Childhood are some of the most prevalent years in his history." Morgan answered.

Luke nodded. "He would only ever talk of his mother, never his father. He joined the Army when he was twenty, then the SF when he was twenty-seven."