forty seven

𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚢 𝚜𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗

...that funny feeling
part two

.

.

Abby waited for the paramedics to finish cleaning and dressing the wounds on her head. She could feel Hotch and Morgan's eyes on her; the rest of the team couldn't have been far away as police officers had begun gathering in the doorway asking for instructions, but every minute that passed only reminded Abby that Spencer wasn't there and he wasn't on his way.

"Morgan, stay with her. Make sure she doesn't run away." Hotch added sarcastically, nodding at Abby who was still sat on the floor.

"She going to be alright?" Morgan asked the paramedics.

"Yes but if she starts to display any symptoms of a concussion or complaining of a sudden, serious headache then she needs to go straight to the ER. I'd also recommend getting a CT scan anyway..." He looked around awkwardly. "Whenever you're finished here."

Abby nodded, she knew that she was probably going off of adrenaline right now and as soon as that died down and panic took over she would feel the pain, but it was nothing compared to the last time she saw him. Abby gasped as he crossed her thoughts once more.

"Did you call Garcia? Did you ask her to find information on him, the man from the - the storage... p-place?" She couldn't find the words in her rapid, panicked state. "I have no idea what he wants or where he'd even think of taking Spencer, I don't even know how he's still alive! We need a profile on him; we - we need everything on him, Morgan or - or we've got - Spence he's not -"

"Abby, sweetheart - hey, you gotta stop." Morgan reassured quietly. He knelt in front of her, taking her hands gently in his. "You guys good?"

The paramedics looked at each other, at the blood pressure machine attached to Abby's upper arm and then took one last look at her head wound. They nodded. "But any symptoms -"

"Yeah, trust me, I'll take her there myself."

Abby and Morgan shared a look that they hadn't done since she came home. Fear. The two agents gave their thanks to the paramedics and then they left without another word. Hotch reappeared from behind them.

"I've called Garcia - she's searching all CCTV and any home security cameras in and outside the building and surrounding areas up to 20 miles. She's also taking the security footage from the storage facility and those we found from Lawrence's case and taking his photo and sending it to all local forces to put out an APB and running it through facial recognition software again. I've got forensics taking blood samples; they've already put luminol down and are trying to find dust, footprints, any reminiscence of any other blood and they'll get everything they find all processed as quickly as possible." Hotch wasted no time in filling the other two agents in.