Chapter 1

What is this place?

I peer around what looks like a research facility and spot a woman looking worriedly over some data on her computer screen.

"Excuse me." I say as I walk over. "Can you help me?" She doesn't seem to notice me, so I go to tap on her shoulder to get her attention but my hand goes right through her.

What the hell!?

I try to grab the attention of a few more people in the room, but none of them notice me either.

Rhiannon...

I quickly spin around to the source of the voice, however, I don't see anyone. Instead I find, what appears to be, a glowing blue cube, incased in some sort of device.

 Instead I find, what appears to be, a glowing blue cube, incased in some sort of device

Rhiannon...

The blue cube starts glitching and shooting off sparks of blue energy as I hear the voice call my name once again.

Against my better judgment, I start walking towards the cube to get a closer look. The glitching becoming stronger and more frequent as I approach.

Now in front of the cube, I reach out to grab a hold of it. But before I can touch it, it starts to surge with even more energy and causes the room to rumble.

Suddenly a beam of energy shoots out of it and forms a portal on the other side of the room. As quickly as the portal forms, it collapses and the room explodes with a bright blue light, the energy from it sending me to the other side of the room. When the light fades, a kneeling man is revealed in place of the portal.

Where did he come from?

Intrigued, I decide to walk towards him and take in his appearance as he slowly rises.

He's tall, with dark hair that sits just above his shoulders and eyes so blue they were practically glowing as bright as the stone attached to the weapon he was holding

He's tall, with dark hair that sits just above his shoulders and eyes so blue they were practically glowing as bright as the stone attached to the weapon he was holding. He was wearing, what appeared to be green and black leather armor with golden metallic accents through it.