Chapter 25

Over the course of a year, Loki and Rhi traveled across the globe, as spies for S.H.I.E.L.D. Able to make themselves invisible to the enemy as they gathered intel and teleported to locations at the drop of a dime, they quickly became S.H.I.E.L.D.'s most valuable assets.

Even though they both cared for each other very deeply, and promised to have each others backs. They agreed it would be best to remain as friends. Anything more, would be a distraction which was too dangerous.

In between assignments, they stayed at the Avengers' new compound, where Loki was slowly proving himself to the rest of the team. Everything seemed to be going smoothly. So much so, that Fury agreed that they could both be done working for him if the next mission went well.

Little did they know, things were about to take an interesting turn.

* * *

"Here's your next assignment." Fury says as he hands Loki and Rhi a surprisingly small file. "Goes by the alias, Crossbones."

Loki sniggers and Rhi elbows him so Fury can continue

Loki sniggers and Rhi elbows him so Fury can continue. "For almost a year now, he's been traveling across the globe, robbing various police stations."

Rhi chimes in. "If that's all, then why are we being sent in?"

"Words out that he's been recruiting, we just  don't know what for."

"Does this, Crossbones, have an actual name?" Loki asks.

"Afraid not, as far as we know."

"So you need us, to figure out who he is and what he's planning." Loki concludes.

"Our intel tells us that his next stop is Rio de Janeiro. You'll be leaving, within the hour." Fury says as he dismisses them. "Oh and remember, if this goes well, we can talk about this potentially being your last mission."

"No pressure, right?" Rhi smiles nervously at Loki

Wasting no time, they teleport back to the compound to gather what they need for the mission.

As Rhi's gathering her stuff for the mission in her room, Nat and Wanda come in. "Hey ladies. I don't have too long, Loki and I are leaving again here soon."

"Again?" Nat asks. "You guys just got back from your last mission three days ago."

"Where are you off to this time?" Wanda asks

"Brazil." She says non chalantly

Wanda sighs. "I'm so jealous you get to travel. And with your boyfriend, nonetheless." She winks

"Knock it off Wands, we're just friends."

"Friends who always flirting with each other." Nat points out.

"We don't flirt. That's...just our dynamic."

"Then why are you packing this?" Nat teases as she holds up a two piece bikini Rhi was packing in her bag.