Chapter 46

Earlier....

"No! Please!"  Loki shouts as he watches Rhi disappear before his eyes, in a puff of blue smoke.

He immediately tries to teleport to her, but thanks to the blocking spell she placed, he couldn't get a lock on her. 

Out of frustration he begins destroying the apartment.

How could she do this to him? He wanted to find her and kill her for putting him through this torment.

Loki felt alone, empty, numb....

Wait...

So this is what it feels like...

When he comes to the realization he sinks down to his knees and begins to laugh manically until he was out of breath and tears were rolling down his face.

He had finally gotten a taste of his own medicine.

"I need to get off this planet." Loki starts marching out of his room when suddenly he feels a sharp pain appear in his side.

Hold on, my love. I'm coming.

Able to feel her again, for some reason, Loki immediately teleports to Rhi's side, only to find her lying on the ground, barely conscious and bleeding out, so he begins to heal her using their bond.

"Loki?"

                                   Present....

"Rhiannon?" Loki stands to search for her but then immediately collapses and screams out in pain as he clutches his chest. It was as if someone just ripped a piece of his soul out of his body. 

No...

Loki slowly gets up and trudges deeper into the wooded area until he sees Thor.

"Brother? What are you-" Thor starts, but is cut off as Loki tackles him to the ground and starts punching him.

"WHAT DID YOU DO?"

"Loki, stop!" Steve yells as he tries to pull him off Thor. However, Loki uses his magic to blast him off.

"WHERE IS SHE?"

"Loki..." Thor says softly, not fighting back.

"Where!" Loki starts to sob as he keeps attacking Thor. "What did you do..." He says, this time barely above a whisper, before finally relenting on Thor and collapsing onto the ground.

Thor sits up and embraces Loki into a hug. "I failed..."

                                          *  *  *

"It's been 23 days since Thanos came to Earth." Rhodey says as images of the people who are missing flash across a holographic screen.

Loki clenches his fists when he sees Rhiannon's picture.

"World governments are in pieces." Nat starts. " The parts that are still working, are trying to take a census and it looks like he did...he did exactly what he said he was gonna do. Thanos wiped out 50% of all living creatures."